Thoughts on this e-ring setting please?!

View attachment 3330931

I haven't started a thread for a few weeks - lol!
What do you honestly think if this idea for a setting? Thanks in advance!
My e-ring was similar...Steven Kretchmer tension setting. 3 ct pear. My setting didn't have as much metal. My DH had the band with the trillion, .75 ct...not as much metal. We bought ours in the late 1980's. This was the closest pic I could find to give you an idea.
Honestly...I loved it because it was so unique and it was big enough that I didn't need a band. I did get a ton of compliments..................

Attachments

• steven-kretchmer-dp-400x700.jpg
    steven-kretchmer-dp-400x700.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 538
  • Platinum-Rudder-400x700 men's.png
    Platinum-Rudder-400x700 men's.png
    92.1 KB · Views: 557
Last edited:
My e-ring was similar...Steven Kretchmer tension setting. 3 ct pear. My setting didn't have as much metal. My DH had the band with the trillion, .75 ct...not as much metal. We bought ours in the late 1980's. This was the closest pic I could find to give you an idea.
Honestly...I loved it because it was so unique and it was big enough that I didn't need a band. I did get a ton of compliments..................

I love kretchmer settings....

OP, I love unique settings and think this one is lovely.

I feel that the diamond is very well protected in the picture I posted. Would you say that is a bezel type setting? I wonder if the marquise is a long and narrow stone, if it would still look good. I do like the uniqueness of it.

This looks like a bypass style ring but its more secure since its 2 ends are attached in the middle unlike the original bypass which have separate ends...very unique..my sister had a bypass ring which is flat as this but she had to customize it to make the diamond stand out more so she can accomodate a wedding band that matches the ring. Your ring looks better alone and it will be hard looking for a wedding ring that matches it..

I don't know if I'll do it. Certainly not anytime soon! My stone isn't the greatest quality so I don't know if I want to make investment in new setting. I have 2 other rings, a round and a cushion - both in halos. Just thinking maybe down the road.....

View attachment 3330931

I haven't started a thread for a few weeks - lol!
What do you honestly think if this idea for a setting? Thanks in advance!

It's a pretty ring although I'm not a fan of bezel set anything.
I would wear it as a right hand ring but not wedding plus what others have said is having a hard time finding a band to go with it if you want one, I would think you would have to have it custom made to fit.

My initial wedding set was very different, not classic in any way but I just had to have it even though my jeweller tried to convince me to get a solitaire, til this day I wish I had listened to him, I've hardly worn my rings, they are very impractical and I really don't care for them at all.