Thoughts on this COAT? -- is this a timeless classic?

Mar 7, 2006
Wanted to get some input on this coat......would you ladies consider this a timeless style or is it too trendy/too young/too girly? I'm looking for a coat in this exact color but am not sure if the bardot neck design is quite my style....or if it's truly timeless. My personal style these days is not one that's super girly or feminine; I really prefer something that's more mature and timeless.

I_159739592_50_20110915
I_159739592_51_20110915

I think the silhouette is lovely and the color is beautiful. It'll be a great piece to have in your closet, but IMHO given combination of the color/style, I would say this is more trendy than timeless/classic. Had this coat been in black or a neutral color I would say it can be considered as a classic piece.

^I agree with poptarts. It's a beautiful color and a beautiful coat. Definitely will be a great purchase. I think the idea of timeless is more on if you'd be able to use her most of the time to match with your current wardrobe. Otherwise, I can see this as a keeper and for you to use her again many years later.

I have a very similar coat that I bought over a year ago.

The colour doesn't go with everything, but if you wear a lot of neutrals like most people do in the winter, you could definitely wear this every day for many years.

The cut is classic.