thoughts on this bag? is it an Hermes Evelyne rip-off?

I knew the bag before even coming on the thread cos I had seen it on the 'available at stores thread' and thought hmm that looks like the Evelyn. It's cool though, would love to see it in person. Is the leather calf?

Reactions: fally
As I understand it the Évelyne debuted in 1978. That style of purse was very popular in the early 1970s. I have an old one of my Mother’s. Also I am pretty sure Coach has purses that looked like that pre 1978.

All of this to say that is a common design and I don’t think It was a “rip off”.

Good bag knowledge, thanks for sharing.

Reactions: fally
I knew the bag before even coming on the thread cos I had seen it on the 'available at stores thread' and thought hmm that looks like the Evelyn. It's cool though, would love to see it in person. Is the leather calf?
I saw the bag irl. The leather is just o.k. It is durable but for that price point beautiful caviar without quilting, just the stitching would have made my heart swoon.If the price point were half of what it is I would consider putting into my collection just to own. Just to be clear I have an extensive Chanel collection and I spend freely. This is not worth the price point in my mind strictly due to the leather. Style is perfect, though.

Reactions: Plumeria233