Thoughts on the Willow

Do you like the Mulberry Willow

• Yes love it & worth the money

• No not keen buy another Chanel or Celine bag

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nov 9, 2010
Hi ladies I'm very tempted by the Willow & I have my name on a waiting list but at around £1,500 would I be better of buying another Chanel or Celine bag or do you think the Willow is worth the money & will it be desirable if I ever decided to sell....... I was told by Mulberry that only a few boutiques will get this bag so I don't know how true that is :smile:

Hi DD40

The clutch alone starts at £695 and the OS at £795, both in calfskin. The tote with clutch starts at £995 increasing to £18,000 for the Kate Moss alligator version.
They will not be available from any wholesalers and will be in limited stand alones, London & Manchester for definite, not sure which others, Harvey Nicks will stock also.
I'd buy the clutch, but think Chanel is a better investment if you're talking tote...

I am not sure about the willow. I think celine and chanel will hold their value more.

However as you already have lovely chanels and celine you may want to try something new.

I would stick with what i know I like but then I am risk averse!!

At the moment, I'm not enamoured with the Willow but this may change once I've seen one in real life, though I don't think I will change my mind.

I was told by an SA that it will only be available in Bond Street (but then again I sometimes feel that SAs don't even know what is really going on!). It sounds like they're trying to build up hype about it by making it so exclusive.

I agree with Moo, Chanel would be a better investment.

Are you buying it for an investment or because you love it and want to use it? If it's the latter then buy it as it's unique and you won't see everybody with it. That's what I like about it.

The Willow is a good choice! it is extremely nice...

Personally I am really bored of the Chanel and Celine, you see them everywhere.

I will definitely buy the Willow as soon as its out and don't forget, you get "2 bags" when buying the bag. Also I think its a good investment as it has the postman lock and I think Mulberry will keep this in the collection for a while.

Not a fan of the Willow on first sight, but I am known to have changed my mind on several occasions.
I need to see this one in real life to make up my mind.
Chanel undoubtedly will hold its value better

Hi DD40

The clutch alone starts at £695 and the OS at £795, both in calfskin. The tote with clutch starts at £995 increasing to £18,000 for the Kate Moss alligator version.
They will not be available from any wholesalers and will be in limited stand alones, London & Manchester for definite, not sure which others, Harvey Nicks will stock also.
I'd buy the clutch, but think Chanel is a better investment if you're talking tote...

Is that really what there starting from I thought the tote started at £1,500 :smile:

Of course the Chanel is more of an investment as a brand its been a round for 80 years, the Willow is completely new.
so I would not even compare it to Chanel (which bag are we talking about 2.5? or just Chanel in general)

I have a couple of the 2.5 Chanel which i use to wear at weekends, I now need a new everyday bag which fits alot and is nice so the Willow will be perfect.

So i think its a bit strange to compare Chanel to Mulberry! either you are a Chanel or mulberry fan (or both?) then the price doesn't matter