Thoughts on the Vavin GM

trosson

Florence
O.G.
Mar 21, 2006
Bonjour from France. I've just discovered this forum and I like it. I see I'm not the only one Vuitton addict !
I would be interested in a VAVIN GM but I would have the advice of persons who already got it. I already have a LUCO and a CABAS MEZZO but I'm afraid the VAVIN GM is too deep. Is it easy to wear on shoulder ?
Merci.
Florence

Hi! I had the smaller one, but I sold it on Ebay. It's a great bag, but the smaller one was too small (I carry a lot of stuff now!).

I see people where I work come in with the Vavin GM and it is a beautiful bag. One of the girls is short (about 5' 2") and it sits on her shoulder nicely and looks really good on her.

I just bought the Batignolles Horizontal last Friday and love it so far. I am also considering the Vavin GM and considering whether I should exchange it. I think the GM has a lot more structure and it may be too rigid for me. Have you considered the Batignolles Vertical?

so i've tracked down the last vavin gm in canada, should i get it? i already have the mono neverfull, and was hoping for a more structured work bag, should i get it or should i pass? by the way, i did a board search and wasn't able to find any modeling pictures, can any one provide a gm modeling pix? tks

this was my first lv- i really loved it. it has 'sections' inside, which is really nice. it looks great with dressy clothes, as well as jeans. it also can hold plenty- very deceiving. my *only* problem w/it is that b/c it is structured, the bottom, over time, 'buckles'. no matter how i stuffed it, i could not keep it from buckling. it only seemed to do it on one side, though, so you could keep that side facing you. it really bugged me, though, so i sold it. i really like that bag, though. good luck!

I have the PM (in SO damier ebene), never have seen the GM though. The PM is a little small for me but the sections make it so useful. It is a more structured look, but I don't know if I would want 2 bags that are similar.

Are you able to send for it to try on? If not, maybe try a Cabas to get the idea of how it would look. What about the Manosque- it is different but has a similar style.

I saw that bag on a girl once and thought it was so cute. She was wearing jeans and boots but she looked really cute with it. So I bought the bag a couple months later and for me that bag did not work. It is a classy chic look, but didn't work out good. I ended up selling it to a friend of mine and she uses it all the time. She loves it!!!!!