Thoughts on the mini Pandora

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. NORDSTROM WINTER SALE Up to 40% off until February 23rd! Free shipping and free returns! Shop The Sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So I'm thinking of purchasing a mini Pandora. Does any one own one? What are the pros? Cons? Or would I be better off getting a medium or large Pandora? Thanks!

2. Hey blackmamba10000! Gosh i wish I could help but have not crossed over to the pandora side yet :biggrin:

That being said, I think I have seen lots of mediums and larges in the sub-forum. I just looked at the dimensions and the mini pandora is very...petite. If I remember from your collection you do have some small pieces, but I would wonder how you would use your pandora. If it would be an everyday bag and you don't need a lot of space, then the mini might just work for you.

You can find pics of Jennifer Garner with (what I believe is) her mini pandora here:
    http://www.thevoguediaries.com/2011/12/jennifer-garner-out-in-los-angeles.html

Looks like it'll fit a small wallet, keys, lipstick, maybe even sunnies if they aren't in a hard, large case.

As a big bag girl myself, I say why spend all that money for good Givenchy hide and not get as much as possible? :biggrin: But, you have to do what works for you. No need lugging a large and mostly empty big bag if it will not be of good use to you. Okay, too much writing and thinking which happens when I take a break from reality.

best of luck with your choice!

3. Wait a hot sec...does your siggy say you are banned?

Umm..yup...don't want to discourage you from being responsible.

:-s

4. Yeah...I'm meant to be banned...:rolleyes:

Thanks for the input...I am actually looking for a cross-body bag to take with me on vacation in a couple months. We're going to Disney World and I need something just to carry essentials. This might be perfect. Although, I can't help but think that once I buy the mini Pandora, I am going to want to get a large one too...

5. Then what about just getting the medium sized one? Its large enough IMO for essentials plus extra sweater or t-shirts for 1/2 kids.

Have you checked this thread Givenchy Pandora Reference Thread - Sizes and Measurements?

It has all necessary dimensions and even pics.

6. I prefer the small Pandora (just a little bigger than the mini if I rmb correctly), the mini's strap is kinda thin.

7. I bought a mini pandora about a month ago (on sale). I haven't used it yet, but I tried it on and I like it. It can actually hold quite a bit. I was able to get a medium cosmetic case, medium wallet, cell phone case and key case in it, with no problem. The strap is thin, but it doesn't feel like it will break.

Here's a link to the one I got (the brighter colored one).

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod76020039&eItemId=prod76020039&searchType=SALE&parentId=cat205700&icid=&rte=%252Fcommon%252Fstore%252Fcatalog%252Ftemplates%252FET1.jhtml%253Fva%253Dt%2526N%253D4294967071%2526Ns%253DSELLABLE_DATE%25257c1%2526st%253Ds

8. Get bigger. Don't like the mini.

9. I have the mini and you can actually put a lot in it! My long wallet, cosmetic pouch, digicam, phone, kleenex, etc can all fit inside.... basically everything I put in my regular-sized bags! :smile:

Attached Files:

10. Wow, I didn't know it could fit so much! I love it! Is the strap a bit long? Here's a pic of Lea Michele and it hits mid thigh. Is it adjustable?

Attached Files:

11. ^ ^ ^ Thanks for the reference pic, kshop! I would have never guessed that much would fit in the mini.

I think it's a great size/shape for vacation or errands. I usually use smaller bags for evening, and I don't particularly care for the style of the mini Pandora as an alternative to a clutch. But for your purpose - lightweight, handsfree and easily accessible storage of essentials - I think it would be perfect.

I would definitely choose the mini size over the small size, because the mini doesn't have a handle. The small size has a handle that gets caught up and in the way of the shoulder strap.

12. Yes the strap is a bit long, if you ask me! :smile: I'm only 5'1 and the bag falls just like it does on Lea Michele with the shortest possible strap. There are 4 more holes on both sides about an inch apart from each other so you make the strap much longer :smile:

13. other than the strap, i think the mini is a great buy...maybe givenchy will hear the complaints about the strap and update it in a future version

14. the strap is too thin and too long for my liking

15. Mini's hold a TON! Large wallet hone a small bag of cosmetics, sunnies, keys, with room spare!

As for the strap lengnth, it is the same (within an inch) of my others.

I love it!