Thoughts on the Madeleine PM?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone, this is my first time posting in the LV subforum. Not sure if it's the right place - if not, mods, please remove it.

I recently got my first LV, an epi-leather speedy 25 in black. However, as I used it, the leather around the zip started to crack. It hadn't cracked open yet but I was concerned it would (and it looked ugly as it was anyway), so I went to the LV store. They told me that they're experiencing this problem with all epi-leather speedies and that until the manufacturing problem gets sorted out, the same would happen even if I got a new one.

So instead of exchanging, I took a credit note to give myself some time to think about it. This makes me a little sad because I LOVE the epi leather and the speedy was the perfect size for everyday use. I've been having a browse in the epi-leather section and it seems that the Madeleine PM is the closest to the Speedy 25 both in functionality and price.

Does anyone have any experience with the Madeleine? What do you think? What's good and what's bad about it? Is it large enough for everyday use? Any manufacturing problems like the Speedies? Thanks so much!

Picture of the Madeleine PM:
    [​IMG]

2. I do not own one but I have tried it on IRL and I like it. Sorry to hear that the Speedy had a defect. Have you considered the Epi Lockit?

3. Wow, I had an epi Speedy and never noticed that problem. I prefer the epi lockit or alma over the mad....just my opinion.

4. I really like the Madeleine

5. I really like it. I'm thinking about getting one for a Fall/winter Bag. I just have to decide which colour I want. Red or Cassis?

6. i haven't had the madeleine PM for long but i love it so far. personally it's large enough for everyday use. it's great for work if you don't want to be to flashy :smile:

7. I have a Madeleine PM in black. It's my everyday bag these days and I really really like it. :heart:

No manufacturing problem with this bag so far. All good All great!

8. Yay, glad to hear all the positives so far! Hope I can go into a store with my fiance this weekend to try it on. I don't want to wait too long to make a decision, seeing as they have so many price increases these days!

Thanks for the opinions, please keep them coming!

9. I don't have one but have toyed with it and I like it! It's quite roomy ... very similar to my Vernis Rosewood.

I'm holding out to see if they'll come out in Grenade!

10. Yep, nice and practical bag...^ really like the rosewood I have except the straps are adjustable on the bag..I am concern abt the epi cracking issue...hope it doesn't happen to my bowling black pm ;)