thoughts on the french purse wallet in vernis

Nov 21, 2006
Just wondering how this style of wallet is? is it too small, not user friendly? or a great option if you dont carry many cards? I find the ZCP too small for me..I always seem to have alot of cash on hand and it seemed too packed. What color in vernis do you think the FP looks the best in? thanks

The French purse is really functional! It has a good size Dollar bill pocket and credit card slots... I like the idea of having the "kisslock" coin purse as well... I put my other credit cards/business cards in there...

and in Vernis... Gorgeous combo! :biggrin:

I bought it and returned it because the French Wallet is not a Wallet for the US market. Just my opinion. In Europe most people have 3 ccards max, in the US it's just a different story & all kind of stuff CC format such as DL.
It's absolutely stunning and beautiful, I was in love with it, but it's just too small, and if you don't mind me saying for $ 700, you don't really get much of vernis. I changed it for the Zippy. I really tried to love it, put all my stuff in it - but there was just no way .. and the coin section - I mean it's super cute, but who's using coins those days?
:cloud9:

I purchased it in the Rose Florentin about three weeks ago and have been in love with it. Well, I actually clutched it to me and barely let it out of my sight for them to box it because I was just so smitten, but I just was so taken with the color, the Vernis, and for me, the size has been just perfect. I don't overload with credit cards either, but have had plenty of room in it for my bills. I do have to say, that I have never owned anything that has gotten as many comments as this beautiful french purse...every single time I take it out I get comments on how beautiful it is. Good luck in whatever you decide!

I love the way the wallet looks, it's just a bit too small for me. I usually carry the sarah or zippy wallet. I do LOVE the way it looks in vernis and right now I'd either go for the Pomme or Bleu Nuit color! Good luck with your decision!

Just wondering how this style of wallet is? is it too small, not user friendly? or a great option if you dont carry many cards? I find the ZCP too small for me..I always seem to have alot of cash on hand and it seemed too packed. What color in vernis do you think the FP looks the best in? thanks

If you carry a lot of cash, then it may not be suitable. I really like the FP in pomme. I almost end up choosing it as dh wanted to give me a V-day gift. i changed my mind when I load it up with my cards, bills & coins from my sarah. It did not look very nice (too bulky/thick) will a lot of things in it.

It is a very beautiful wallet. I still want one but I think that it would not be my everyday wallet.

Pomme for sure! I had the same question about its size. I am used to smaller wallets and it was actually quite compact and not at all bulky. The only slight negative I felt was the deep pocket for bills. It may be difficult to search for bills if they are not all lined up. (I don't have my bills in specific order so always searching for the right one.) That may be just my own issue. Overall it is a very elegant design. :tup:

It used to be worse only having four card slots, so now much better. I personally like the style and tend to carry this and my Koala wallets most of any of my wallets. I find it wears pretty well in Vernis, the MC is awful for wallets as the pattern tends to chip/flake off very easily from being carried around in your bag and knocking/brushing against other items, no matter how careful you are.

i like large long wallets so the french wallet is too small for my taste. the sarah or zippy is better suited for me. if you carry a lot of cash, it will be pretty bulky when the wallet is closed. the cash pocket just isn't that big. pomme is gorg!