Thoughts on the Chloe Betty satchel?

kt-did

Feb 3, 2006
Hi everybody - My first post! And I need advice!! My favorite boutique just called me; I was on their waiting list for a black paddington (which I doubt now they ever were planning on getting - not sure why the sales guy told me so). But turns out they do have a black betty satchel (smaller version) in black patent. I hadn't seen this style before but it looks totally cute - like how it has gold AND silver hardware, is not too-too slouchy, and it seems unique (at least in my city, for now).

I've wanted/needed a black bag forever but it is SO hard to commit! The sales people are just gushing over it, I know it won't last long. This of course means that I'm going to need to put my other Spring bag hopefuls further down my list (white Fendi drawstring tote, LV duffle bag, maybe something from the Gucci cruise collection)...

Is this bag destined to be too trendy? Is black too boring?? I need to decide by noon tomorrow!!!

Here's a picture:
http://www.chloe.com/version_en/leathergoods_s06/index.html#

Welcome to the forum!

About your quandry...do you think if you waited, you'll get the Paddy? Unless you really love the Betty satchel, I would wait, or at least call around to find one in black. Either way, a lot of money will be spent, and you should buy something that you really want. Don't let SAs pressure you.

Good point... Unfortunately I'm not sure I'd be able to find one in black where I live anyway, but looks like they're doing black for Spring so it might be worth a try! I guess I am just going to have to check it out in person and see if I fall in love or not. :smile:

I actually wasn't all that impressed with the Betty; I prefer the Edith. But, if it fits your needs, and YOU like it, that's the important thing! Think about how you feel about it; if you're daydreaming about it, go for it!

Hmmm...I saw that exact bag in my local NM last week. I would not be interested in it. It looks like a little box. It is very, very wide. Too wide and bling for me...

I'm not a big fan of the Betty satchel, I don't like the shape and the pockets in the front. But if you like it and think you'd get a lot of use out of it, go for it :biggrin:

Thanks for all the feedback. I went and saw it on Sat. and I was definitely was not feeling the black patent leather or the boxy shape. I think it looked a lot different in person than on the web! :huh: That's just me though...!