Chanel 19

Hi i was looking at 2 bags today - the 19 large in both lambskin and goatskin
i am confused as reading the blog i would definitely say that the lambskin in the shop today was more shiny than the goatskin in that it had a shimmer to it - almost like slight iridescent to it ? so i am not sure about that and it could date with the shimmer?

the lamkskin one is 20C
the goatskin is 20A

what is the thoughts on this thread as it seems to be the consensus is lambskin and not goatskin but looking at these 2 today the lambskin one is shiny ? have they changed re season - i think i may go with goatskin as less sparkly ?
My lambskin has that shimmer to it...the goatskin looks more glossy to me...Like leather that just had conditioner applied to it. I prefer the goatskin. Or maybe I just like things I don’t have.

Reactions: YummyLuxe
Thx for reply. They are both lovely but was confused re the threads and glad I’m not going mad as always thought lamb skin was Matt ! I think i’ll with the Goatskin. I’m like you I’ll prob get the goatskin and then wish I had the lam

I just a med 19 2 weeks ago and worn it for the first time yesterday. The feel of the bag is lighter and easier to carry for me, more of an everyday bag, vs i see the classic a more “dress up” bag

Ladies...

I mostly have classics. Playing with the thought of the 19. I see on some people it’s flatter, my SA had one for me I tried on and it seemed puffier? Thoughts on who’s own it how it’s worn up and if it’s worth it?

View attachment 4846614

It looks great on you in the photo!

To me it feels like an alternative to the boy bag (price point, fabric interior all similar) but has a totally different look to the classic (boy bags are still structured like the classics).

If you are going for a different look then this is a good bag to have.

Reactions: vivaciousbev1
I just got mine. Love the look, feels vintage/modern to me. Easily dressed up or down, tuck the chain and carry as a clutch. Best of all for me, it works as a daily carry. Easy to carry, easy to use, has a top handle. This bag really checks all my boxes and feels really well made. Did I mention that it’s gorgeous? Quickly becoming one of my favs. C5CF274B-AA76-4FD3-BD93-A851CCD2C6FD.jpeg

Hey there! So, I have a little bit of tumultuous history with the 19's. I tried them, used them, and found them extremely versatile for Chanel. But I didn't love the looks of them, still don't. BUT, they might be the most user friendly bag Chanel makes, literally, so after I sold maybe 6 when they first came out, I am now back to 4 of them for that reason alone. They are warriors too, hard to mess up. Easy to pack. I don't worry about them scratching or deflating getting out of shape (like boys and such do). That said, I prefer the goat to the lamb, and I prefer bright colors to neutrals. I like that Chanel is focusing on them right now, and 21p will bring some great variations (tie dye with iridescent hardware, iridescent white goat etc) where Chanel used to do this with classics, boys, etc (and now those have kind of slowed with the "creative" ones). So looks-wise, it's not my favorite, but honestly it hits every other mark.....so it's a good one!

I love that! The one with the iridescent black chain? I was debating on that too, but alas I can only pick one. LOL
Yes, in chevron which seems really solid (as in not likely to chip and the leather seems durable), but your bag seems much more practical :smile: and also somehow soft and shiny and cuddly :biggrin:

@TraceySH, thanks for the tip on chèvre and 21P. Love the tie dye in RTW linings, so fingers crossed re bags.

Hey there! So, I have a little bit of tumultuous history with the 19's. I tried them, used them, and found them extremely versatile for Chanel. But I didn't love the looks of them, still don't. BUT, they might be the most user friendly bag Chanel makes, literally, so after I sold maybe 6 when they first came out, I am now back to 4 of them for that reason alone. They are warriors too, hard to mess up. Easy to pack. I don't worry about them scratching or deflating getting out of shape (like boys and such do). That said, I prefer the goat to the lamb, and I prefer bright colors to neutrals. I like that Chanel is focusing on them right now, and 21p will bring some great variations (tie dye with iridescent hardware, iridescent white goat etc) where Chanel used to do this with classics, boys, etc (and now those have kind of slowed with the "creative" ones). So looks-wise, it's not my favorite, but honestly it hits every other mark.....so it's a good one!
Makes sense! What colors do you have? I’m afraid I’m the same. I like but maybe I don’t love them? I do love the practicality and edginess of them, but not sure if I want to make that splurge on a bag i just “like”

Yes, in chevron which seems really solid (as in not likely to chip and the leather seems durable), but your bag seems much more practical :smile: and also somehow soft and shiny and cuddly :biggrin:

@TraceySH, thanks for the tip on chèvre and 21P. Love the tie dye in RTW linings, so fingers crossed re bags.
Do you have other reissues? I don’t have one and I wanted a so black bag. But I have 4 minis so I waited on the so black reissue. I did love it when I tried it, but didn’t know it was worth it. Tried the 225 and loved it but didn’t like the 7k price tag LOL

Do you have other reissues? I don’t have one and I wanted a so black bag. But I have 4 minis so I waited on the so black reissue. I did love it when I tried it, but didn’t know it was worth it. Tried the 225 and loved it but didn’t like the 7k price tag LOL
I don’t like the 225 7K price tag either. Used to be a chanel bag person before a 2008 ‘conversion’ to hermes. I ended up keeping only an aged gold reissue and a metallic blue bc I figured hermes wouldnt do metallics, but I don’t really use them. But something about the reissue mini chevron so black made me think, that looks cute and fun. Plus, Chanel was the first store I visited during covid bc you didn’t need an appt, and at hermes, you did. :biggrin:

• Love
Reactions: RT1 and TraceySH