Thoughts on the Brompton?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I like the hobo. For an everyday bag I think it'd be easier to get in and out of.

2. Saw both irl the other day and love them. They have been on my radar ever since they were released but haven't pulled the trigger yet. The leather is really soft and slouchy. Both are great shapes so now it's just a matter of personal preference. The flap is quite substantial in size and has a different vibe than the hobo. Hobo is more casual. I like the flap myself and vote were comfy on the shoulder.

3. Oooo I like them both! The hobo is super cute, especially in the darker brown color. :smile:

4. oooh!! i love them! have to take a trip to see in real life! Like the hobo more!!!

5. i'm in the minority and i love the purse one. the color is amazing

6. That's lovely. Very simple and useful with clean lines. Great price too!

7. I got the hobo in espresso and wasn't as impressed in person as I thought I would be. The leather was pretty nice and the color was pretty and rich but I sent it back. The main reason was that the turnlock poked me in the tender part of the arm when I wore the bag over my shoulder.

8. I pulled the trigger on the Carob Brompton Hobo and OMG I am SOOOO glad I did. I am in love. It is slouchy and the color is to die for! I do wish there were a few more holes on the crossbody strap because even at its shortest it is too long for me. I'm going to have to make my own hole with a nail...otherwise, it's def a great versatile everyday bag.

9. Noooo! Don't do the nail thing! Pop into a shoemenders, they have a tool which makes extra holes in bag straps, and they charge you pennies if at all. Really neat, perfect results. Hope you have one near you.
    Right...that flap is totally gorgeous and I want one! Like, REALLY want one! But alas, I am in the UK and it's yet another bag I'll have to just dream about most likely. The interior is yummy too. No fair!

10. OMG! @trashedbride, thanks for the idea! I hadn't even thought of it!!! I was totally about to go at it with a nail, you caught me just in time!

P.S. Just fyi, the interior of the carob color is an army green, not the natural cotton color of the one on the website.

11. ^food for thought. There is also a tool specialized in making holes through leather that can be found at any hardware store like Home Depot or Lowe's. I'm thinking about purchasing one myself for other items.

12. thanks for the heads up! what is this tool called? is it the whitney punch? may be a worthwhile investment....