Thoughts on the Ascot purse?

marvelyngarasi

808 LVoe
O.G.
Feb 6, 2012
Has anyone seen the new Damier Ebene Ascot purse with nomade leather? If so, what are your thoughts. My SA said that it takes about 6 months to make it and its all man-made. I love it but is it too old looking for a 30 year old? No offense though. Thanks!!

Not the design so much but how it opens up reminds me a lot of Coach Phoebe and its no surprise seeing as Phoebe is a huge hit for Coach. I actually like Phoebe much better for day to day comfort and casual style. For business this bag would look lovely on any age and would likely b functional.

My SA sent me a pic one in her store. It looks gorgeous! Love the lighter leather. However, I can't justify spending that much for a bag that is a big part canvas.

I LOVE it but seem to be the minority in this one. I recently purchased the Ascot Clutch and love it. The Nomade leather is gorgeous, I can see the quality of it and for me the lighter color leather makes the Damier look fresher and more modern. The microfiber lining is so lovely and the burgundy color is appealing as well. If I had the money I would buy the tote in a heartbeat I think the look is timeless and not old or young. By the way, the clutch is a very generous size. Over 12" wide and has double compartments which can expand because the Damier canvas is very soft. I have nothing but good things to say about this line but to be honest it looks better in person ...even my husband gave it his stamp of approval and he's not a Damier fan :hbeat:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 773
Not my taste, really.

I do appreciate the extra work it takes to make it...but for that price, I have a few other options in mind ;)
Could u please suggest me some options ? I really wanted to get this bag but then most part I am hearing is old looking style .. If you have other option please suggest something for work.. Which can also be dressed up or down ..