Thoughts on small Bayswater clutch

rachiem

O.G.
Sep 7, 2007
I've fancied getting one of these for ages but
there is a nice one on Ebay but it's last season...so no detatchable strap..but half price
or do I buy a newer one which will be more expensive and have a detatchable strap?
Do you think the strap will make much different...can I tuck the old strap inside?
Any thoughts would be great

I love mine, the versatility of the detachable strap is a real bonus. That said I can also tuck it inside if need be. Most of the time though I use it with the strap.

For me I got the RN clutch to use as a clutch, I therefore have only ever worn it with the strap once and didn't really like it.

I think this one is down to personal choice and style.

For me I would need a detachable strap but it's all down to how you'll be wearing it.

That's lovely in RN
I quite like the hardware with the detatchable strap...not sure how I would carry it though...
It's whether it's worth buying one full price or last seasons at Outlets etc with a discount?

You might be able to get a "new" style one from the Outlets. I was in York in November time and they had a couple in that were "sub". Some of the stitching was off if I remember correctly but I couldn't tell where!

As for how to carry it, I just carry mine either under my arm or in my hand - just like a clutch bag.

Don't get it if you're not sure you'll love it, and if you're not sure about the strap, hold on for a detachable one.

With a detachable one you could get a longer strap to wear it messenger style too! :smile:

I think Thea's right Rachie..................go for the detachable version, they are bound to spring up at the Outlets again.

I love bags worn as Messengers when they were not meant to be - iykwim??

Someone here (sorry forgot who), wears their N/S Somerset as a messenger and it is gorgeous.

RatRat's Brooke as messenger is wonderful.

KLP's Brooke & I think Effie "messengers" look great.

I think an Oak Bays Clutch as a Mess. would give the look of the lovely old vintage Mulberry hunter bags............similar to the new Bonnie!

My choc bays clutch has a detachable strap, but I only use her with a longer strap, as a messenger.
I'm doing the same with my somerset shoulderbag.
This works very well and I'm always "handsfree".