Thoughts on shiny crumpled calfskin

Newbie2016

Nov 15, 2016
IMG_3708.PNG I am curious to know what owners of this material think of it...
The picture is from the Chanel site. I am NOT interested in this bag style but would love to hear thoughts on the shiny crumpled calfskin material!
I am wondering how it would look in a reissue or classic flap.

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 4643009 I am curious to know what owners of this material think of it...
The picture is from the Chanel site. I am NOT interested in this bag style but would love to hear thoughts on the shiny crumpled calfskin material!
I am wondering how it would look in a reissue or classic flap.

Thanks in advance!

I saw this gray shiny Coco handle with black hardware today. It was beautiful and still soft...not stiff at all. I hope this helps.IMG_0727.jpeg

View attachment 4643980 I’m interested to see the classic flap in the shiny crumpled calfskin as well! If anyone has photos of this bag please post. I like seeing actual photos instead of stock photos on the Chanel site. :smile:
I posted the chevron version of this on another page https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/january-2020-please-share-your-chanel-purchases.1022422/page-2

It was absolutely stunning! I would have purchased it if I did not have 3 similar bags - I have a so black boy, an aged chevron crumpled calfskin coco handle, and a patent classic flap with gold hw. I am still considering purchasing though...would love the version you posted since I have enough chevron bags.

I would buy a flap in this shiny calfskin in a heartbeat! This leather is gorgeous although I don’t care for this style either.
I actually owned this type of leather in a seasonal flap in black with cc turn lock pewter hardware, chain strap with leather threaded through it like a classic. It is NOT like patent and wears like a dream!

I actually owned this type of leather in a seasonal flap in black with cc turn lock pewter hardware, chain strap with leather threaded through it like a classic. It is NOT like patent and wears like a dream!

Hi, I just ordered the small coco handle in light gold metallic crumpled calfskin from the metiers d'art collection. I'd love to know if your crumpled calfskin piece was in a metallic and how it wore. I didn't take this photo, however this is the bag I'll be receiving soon!417B0192-C979-495A-83D7-56B96FE37762.jpeg

Just took home a large Chanel 19 with the Shinny Crumbled Calfskin today. It is so so beautiful. This is my first Chanel in this type of leather and it wouldn’t be my last. It is much softer than the pattern leather and more durable. No finger prints. The look is just amazing. Depends on the lighting, it looks much shinier and more sparkly in an indoor lighting but nice beautiful subtle shin in the neutral lighting. I’m a big fan now. It’s 20K. I was lucky to find it. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 2AB8CC97-802F-44FA-8967-C7EF59658AF8.jpeg
    2AB8CC97-802F-44FA-8967-C7EF59658AF8.jpeg
    395.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 5A332EA5-7759-486F-90AA-79672A3676AC.jpeg
    5A332EA5-7759-486F-90AA-79672A3676AC.jpeg
    290.8 KB · Views: 95
I saw this gray shiny Coco handle with black hardware today. It was beautiful and still soft...not stiff at all. I hope this helps.View attachment 4643405
I have the next size up in this bag and I agree. It’s lovely. Shiny but not at all loud. I would not lean in the direction of a patent bag but I love this one.

I think it would be equally nice in other structured styles.

Just took home a large Chanel 19 with the Shinny Crumbled Calfskin today. It is so so beautiful. This is my first Chanel in this type of leather and it wouldn’t be my last. It is much softer than the pattern leather and more durable. No finger prints. The look is just amazing. Depends on the lighting, it looks much shinier and more sparkly in an indoor lighting but nice beautiful subtle shin in the neutral lighting. I’m a big fan now. It’s 20K. I was lucky to find it. What do you guys think?
I normally don’t like the 19 in leather but this one is very nice! It adds a nice edgy look and more interesting! Very good choice!

Reactions: trak168
I normally don’t like the 19 in leather but this one is very nice! It adds a nice edgy look and more interesting! Very good choice!

Thanks. I agree. I brought one in a black lamb skin leather back in December but didn’t like the leather either so I took it back. The price has gone up since but this one makes me happy just to look at it. I guess it is a keeper. No regret on waiting until now to find the right one. :smile: