Thoughts on selling bag to Prive Porter

shoppe

O.G.
Jun 22, 2007
Hi:

First, please help me move this thread if it's in the wrong spot. I looked around but still wasn't sure where it should go.

I have a bag that I want to sell. Prive Porter is giving me the better pricing but I haven't dealt with them before and they don't seem to have a streamlined system like Fashionphile or Anns with a contract / online entry for payments, etc. Can anyone tell me if they are reputable buyers? How was your experience selling to them? Do they issue payment quickly? What was the item?

They seem to be getting good press as a seller but just wanted to know how they are as a buyer.

Thanks in advance. I *really, really* appreciate any feedback before I ship off this expensive bag.

Last edited:
Never heard of them so I Googled. Looks like they deal exclusively in Hermes? If so, perhaps posting in the Hermes forum might yield more responses. Most people only show up here when they have to. ;)

Hi:

First, please help me move this thread if it's in the wrong spot. I looked around but still wasn't sure where it should go.

I have a bag that I want to sell. Prive Porter is giving me the better pricing but I haven't dealt with them before and they don't seem to have a streamlined system like Fashionphile or Anns with a contract / online entry for payments, etc. Can anyone tell me if they are reputable buyers? How was your experience selling to them? Do they issue payment quickly? What was the item?

They seem to be getting good press as a seller but just wanted to know how they are as a buyer.

Thanks in advance. I *really, really* appreciate any feedback before I ship off this expensive bag.
I once dealt with Michelle (I believe the owner) before, she's not type of friendly person but the transaction went smoothly. I gave her my info, and she was busy for a couple days so the money arrived into my account later than expected but I only shipped it out when I got the money anyways.
Good luck :smile:

Hi:

Hi. Did you end up selling to them? I'm trying to contact them regarding my Constance. They haven't responded to my email or text. Were they difficult to contact? TIA for the info.

Hi. Did you end up selling to them? I'm trying to contact them regarding my Constance. They haven't responded to my email or text. Were they difficult to contact? TIA for the info.
This has been my experience. I contacted them earlier this year regarding selling a bag and she never responded to my whatsapp messages promptly. And when she did, she was asking some irrelevant questions. I gave up in the end.

Reactions: Maddie11
In dealing with selling your items you will definitely want to make sure you have a contract before sending anything. Just as a piece of mind, I'd want someone who was a good communicator. If you don't feel she is, I'd consider selling elsewhere as sometimes customer service is worth more than the difference in price.

Just wanted to update and share my experience with Priveporter. When I wrote to them about my bag, the response was within a few hours with a purchase price. I think it was because they were really interested in my bag. After we had agreed to a price, it took 4+ months for me to receive the funds for my bag. There was no contract, but I didn't ship the bag until I received payment. I was extremely busy during this timeframe so it worked out alright for me, but I can see where it can be extremely frustrating to not know what is going on.

Since then I have tried contacting them about a few other bags (Kelly, Constance, etc) and have not received any response. Based off this, I believe if they are NOT interested in your item, they will not bother to respond. My understanding is that they purchase outright and do not offer consignment, so I assume that is partially why they have to be more selective about what they are willing to take.

Would I sell to Priveporter again? Maybe. I shopped my bag around to a few resellers (Yoogis, Fashionphile, Madison Ave Couture, etc) and Priveporter gave me the best pricing. However, if you don't get a reply back from them or if you want to sell your item quickly and with ease, Priveporter would not be the best route to go through.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Just wanted to update and share my experience with Priveporter. When I wrote to them about my bag, the response was within a few hours with a purchase price. I think it was because they were really interested in my bag. After we had agreed to a price, it took 4+ months for me to receive the funds for my bag. There was no contract, but I didn't ship the bag until I received payment. I was extremely busy during this timeframe so it worked out alright for me, but I can see where it can be extremely frustrating to not know what is going on.

Since then I have tried contacting them about a few other bags (Kelly, Constance, etc) and have not received any response. Based off this, I believe if they are NOT interested in your item, they will not bother to respond. My understanding is that they purchase outright and do not offer consignment, so I assume that is partially why they have to be more selective about what they are willing to take.

Would I sell to Priveporter again? Maybe. I shopped my bag around to a few resellers (Yoogis, Fashionphile, Madison Ave Couture, etc) and Priveporter gave me the best pricing. However, if you don't get a reply back from them or if you want to sell your item quickly and with ease, Priveporter would not be the best route to go through.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks for sharing your experience! When I contacted them regarding my bag, they initially responded fairly quickly. Then they asked me about sending them the original receipt which was already included in my previous email to them. So I replied to tell them to check their email. Then nothing. I don't care dealing with a company like this especially now I know there would be no contract and I am outside the U.S. Ann's Fabulous Finds on the other hand was super professional!

In dealing with selling your items you will definitely want to make sure you have a contract before sending anything. Just as a piece of mind, I'd want someone who was a good communicator. If you don't feel she is, I'd consider selling elsewhere as sometimes customer service is worth more than the difference in price.

Agree here..
Customer service can make the difference for many especially in high end items & in today's world one is taking a
big risk without a contract. There is no price for peace of mind, IYKWIM

I finally got a hold of them. I called and spoke to a female, the owner I assume. She was not interested in my bags because she said she already has that color. Also, she was not very friendly.

I think it's somewhat rude and unprofessional for them to not reply to texts or emails just because they aren't interested. A quick reply stating that would be appreciated.

I will send my bags to AFF. I have had great interactions with them and they reply to every email quickly.

There's quite an interesting backstory to the founders of this business, which may or may not be relevant in your decision. Google their personal names.

Last edited:
Reactions: aynrand
Thanks for sharing your experience! When I contacted them regarding my bag, they initially responded fairly quickly. Then they asked me about sending them the original receipt which was already included in my previous email to them. So I replied to tell them to check their email. Then nothing. I don't care dealing with a company like this especially now I know there would be no contract and I am outside the U.S. Ann's Fabulous Finds on the other hand was super professional!

I'm sorry but I have never felt that a contract is necessary since I pay cash UP FRONT for all the bags that I buy. I believe a contract is for those that take bags in on consignment, which I do not. Since I pay my suppliers before I receive the bag I am taking all the risk. And because I don't consign I have to also be selective on which bags I buy since not all bags have the same resale value, whereas consignment companies will gladly take your bags in for free even if they don't think they can sell them quickly or for as much as you are hoping for. I hope that clears this thread up. I receive hundreds of emails and messages everyday. I try my best to reply to all of them but it is sometimes impossible so I have to prioritize. However, thank you for sharing your thoughts on this subject. I will take your criticism into consideration.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeffrey Berk