Thoughts on seasonal colors/textures

quinna

Jun 27, 2013
I've been wondering what everyone's thoughts are concerning seasonal bag colors and textures. Rules? No rules? I have a fairly small collection, but I usually avoid colors like blush and peach in the cooler weather, and I have avoided carrying my Poppy Victoria in the warmer months because the patent and nubuck (burgundy) just scream fall/winter to me. Most of my other bags seem fairly season neutral. I don't want to break any unspoken rules, but sometimes I'm just in the mood for a pink bag, no matter what the weather!

I don't pay too much attention to rules. I just carry what I feel like. The darker bags tend to go with my winter clothes more so I carry them more in the winter. When I try to save certain colors for a certain season, before I know it, the season is over and I haven't carried the bags enough. Last summer, I kept thinking I would carry my black bags in the winter, but I didn't.

I bought the studded mini Preston in the Spring and carried it immediately for several weeks. Now I'm trying to wait until the winter to carry it again. I just pulled out a pink bag because Summer is almost over.

I do agree that suede bags scream Fall but then I hate carrying them in the rain and that is when it rains around here.

I usually wear what I want year-round, but maybe it's because I live on the West Coast and we don't have a lot of those fashion rules, i.e. can't wear white after Labor Day. I also wear a lot of black or navy, which I think matches just about any other color. So if I want to wear a peach bag in the Winter I just put on a peach blouse with my navy slacks and navy cardigan/jacket.

The only purses I keep sort of seasonal are the patent ones. I tend to not wear those in the Summer more because they can get sticky against my skin in the hot weather.

I usually just wear whatever compliments my outfit best rather than go by the season. I used to be pretty picky about matching my handbag hw w/ my jewelry, but I let go of that too.
I don't own suede or patent bags, but I can see those being seasonal.

Most of my bags I will carry all year. With the exception of a few. For example the white edgepaint Georgie would be a spring/summer bag. But I have a mint colored Kate Spade and I do carry it in fall/winter. I also have a light Pink Parker bag that seems summery but I have a really nice sweater that color and will carry the bag with it. I agree about suede and maybe haircalf being more fall/winter.

I crave certain bags more in a given season, though like most here, I just wear whatever I feel like wearing. For instance, for the past three weeks I've worn the black/navy colorblock legacy Rory, which to me screams fall/winter. However, I couldn't seem to change out of it... so I didn't.

With all the back-to-school advertising, I finally noticed that it's nearly fall... and I want to wear my favorite summer-feeling bag a little more before the fall comes! So tonight I packed up large putty twist-gathered Pheobe, and she'll be my bag for the foreseeable future. I'd totally wear my Pheobe in the fall or winter, though, if the mood overtook me. I'd just be veeery careful about dye transfer with all my dark/bright winter clothes. I wear a lot of light/white clothes in the summer, so I'm way less nervous about wearing light colors in summertime.

I do think that patent seems a little heavier, more wintery (plus, you know it's the best material EVER for rainy/snowy weather), but again, that wouldn't stop me for a second if I felt like wearing a patent bag in spring/summer. I still have a medium coral patent Zoe that I LOVE with summer outfits, so I guess my patent rule doesn't really apply, either. ;)

Most of my bags I will carry all year. With the exception of a few. For example the white edgepaint Georgie would be a spring/summer bag. But I have a mint colored Kate Spade and I do carry it in fall/winter. I also have a light Pink Parker bag that seems summery but I have a really nice sweater that color and will carry the bag with it. I agree about suede and maybe haircalf being more fall/winter.
I'm carrying my pink Parker right now! I'm sure I would carry it in the winter if it went with what I was wearing.
I crave certain bags more in a given season, though like most here, I just wear whatever I feel like wearing. For instance, for the past three weeks I've worn the black/navy colorblock legacy Rory, which to me screams fall/winter. However, I couldn't seem to change out of it... so I didn't.

With all the back-to-school advertising, I finally noticed that it's nearly fall... and I want to wear my favorite summer-feeling bag a little more before the fall comes! So tonight I packed up large putty twist-gathered Pheobe, and she'll be my bag for the foreseeable future. I'd totally wear my Pheobe in the fall or winter, though, if the mood overtook me. I'd just be veeery careful about dye transfer with all my dark/bright winter clothes. I wear a lot of light/white clothes in the summer, so I'm way less nervous about wearing light colors in summertime.

I do think that patent seems a little heavier, more wintery (plus, you know it's the best material EVER for rainy/snowy weather), but again, that wouldn't stop me for a second if I felt like wearing a patent bag in spring/summer. I still have a medium coral patent Zoe that I LOVE with summer outfits, so I guess my patent rule doesn't really apply, either. ;)
Yes! have a coral patent Audrey tote that looks very summery. It even has perforations, so I don't see it as a winter bag at all.

The other thing I forgot to mention is that some of my bags are summer bags just because their straps don't fit over winter coats. That is the case with my black gathered Sophia. It looks totally winter but the short strap makes it better for carrying in warmer weather.

I've been wondering what everyone's thoughts are concerning seasonal bag colors and textures. Rules? No rules? I have a fairly small collection, but I usually avoid colors like blush and peach in the cooler weather, and I have avoided carrying my Poppy Victoria in the warmer months because the patent and nubuck (burgundy) just scream fall/winter to me. Most of my other bags seem fairly season neutral. I don't want to break any unspoken rules, but sometimes I'm just in the mood for a pink bag, no matter what the weather!

Hi there, I have a quite humble collection myself and try to wear my bags as much as I can by season. But the reason I do this is because I’m affraid they look worn out too soon. I live across the ocean and it’s hard to get Coach in Luxembourg. So I try to find a ballance in treasuring my bags and wearing my bags as much as I can. I have chestnut-Phoebe which I think can be worn all year round, butI keep her for winter only (counting the days to get her out of the dust bag!) I do wear bordeaux-Sophia year round, she goes so well in summer with a soft pink vest or jacket. It all depends I suppose, but if you feel like soft pink, bright orange or no matter what shade, well, don’t let anybody or any rule stop you and go for it!

No rules really, just the way I like to dress.
Where I live it's pretty warm in the summer so I avoid black, and use it mostly in the winter including my black bags. So then when I wear lighter colors during the summer, I use my white/light bags. Other than that I'll use any color anytime, although I do think some bags look more seasonal, but I'll mostly wear what ever color I want that goes with what I'm wearing.