Thoughts on scarves?

pandorabox

"She was wearing all Chanel."
O.G.
May 2, 2011
So I really do not know a whole lot about scarves except maybe the kind that I like. I seem to love the pashmina styles and as I like to wear them loosely and then can cover my shoulders on a cooler night. I do not care for the ones to tie into your hair or neck since they either fall off or feels too snug around my neck. I do not have a long thin neck to which that would look good. I tend to use the tiny ones to tie around my handbag. With the pashmina styles where is a good place to get a good quality one? What are the differences between a good quality pashmina or one from a place like five below? What material should I look for? I have seen the video 25 ways to wear a scarf and those seem to be with the larger size I prefer. Any thoughts of advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jesssh

Jan 20, 2012
I am probably in the minority here but I am in love with the gap cozy scarves:

http://www.gap.com/browse/search.do?searchText=Cozy+scarf

With a 40% off coupon, they are a good way for me to figure out how much I will wear scarves this winter. I don't know if you would call them "good quality" since they are 100% acrylic. I think they look and feel really nice. They feel like little soft lightweight blankets. The patterns are super cute! The one I measured was 24" wide.

I have a Nordstrom wool/cashmere solid pashmina that was closer to $100 that I haven't worn yet. It is dry clean only. It is thinner than my gap scarves.

I love the idea of the hand washable acrylic scarves because I can keep them clean and smelling nice near my nose without having to take them to the dry cleaner every wearing. They are inexpensive (about $17 with a 40% off coupon). If I get makeup on them I feel like I could just handwash them.

I like to bundle the scarf around my face to stay warm in the cooler weather. These scarves stay in place unlike the slippery silk scarves I have.

pandorabox

"She was wearing all Chanel."
O.G.
May 2, 2011
I am probably in the minority here but I am in love with the gap cozy scarves:

http://www.gap.com/browse/search.do?searchText=Cozy+scarf

With a 40% off coupon, they are a good way for me to figure out how much I will wear scarves this winter. I don't know if you would call them "good quality" since they are 100% acrylic. I think they look and feel really nice. They feel like little soft lightweight blankets. The patterns are super cute! The one I measured was 24" wide.

I have a Nordstrom wool/cashmere solid pashmina that was closer to $100 that I haven't worn yet. It is dry clean only. It is thinner than my gap scarves.

I love the idea of the hand washable acrylic scarves because I can keep them clean and smelling nice near my nose without having to take them to the dry cleaner every wearing. They are inexpensive (about $17 with a 40% off coupon). If I get makeup on them I feel like I could just handwash them.

I like to bundle the scarf around my face to stay warm in the cooler weather. These scarves stay in place unlike the slippery silk scarves I have.

Thanks!! I think I have to agree I prefer the really really soft ones especially for the cooler weather since I like them against my neck and my face. I got one of mine that I love from Wilsons leather one day. I remember old navy having some really pretty soft ones as well. Thanks. The info. You made some excellent points.

Last edited:

heychris1224

Jan 23, 2007
Thanks!! I think I have to agree I prefer the really really soft ones especially for the cooler weather since I like them against my neck and my face. I got one of mine that I love from Wilsons leather one day. I remember old navy having some really pretty soft ones as well. Thanks. The info. You made some excellent points.
I think large/oversized silk scarves are also a unique buy.
http://www.chrisu.com