Thoughts on resetting branded jewelry into non-brand setting?

lilmountaingirl

~i LVoe/Hate LV!~
O.G.
May 5, 2008
Hi all! It's been awhile since I've posted here. I am looking for some opinions, please. I have a pair of Movado diamond stud earrings but I am not fond of the setting. They are certified diamonds. I'd like to have them reset but I'm considering going with a non-brand setting. I'm not even sure Movado would reset them if I even wanted them to. Do you think it's important to keep them branded or in the original setting? Thank you!

Reactions: 880

snibor

O.G.
Nov 12, 2006
I would not reset movado earings. I’d buy a different pair if I wanted something different. But it’s more important what you want to do and whether you could find a jeweler who would do it.

O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
I would reset it, if it’s something that you will wear and enjoy. You will never recoup what you paid anyway.
+1, if you are sure you will wear them afterwards. I would feel differently if it was a brand with extremely high resale value on the secondary market like VCA or Rolex. im a fan of using what is already in your jewelry box before buying something else. YMMV, good luck and pls keep us posted on your decision! :biggrin:

Reactions: coachlover1000
Mar 24, 2009
Reset them. You don’t like the settings, you won’t wear them. You certainly won’t get anywhere near the value paid for them if you try and sell them. I say have a good jeweller set them into settings of your choice, and wear them with pride.