Thoughts on Mono Papillon NM?

Brbie419

Apr 3, 2016
This is the first bag I ever knew about for LV and I thought it was gorgeous. A young lady I worked with in my 20's had this bag (think 2001). I never knew if it was real or fake - she would never say. I've been considering this but it seems no one carries it anymore. I like the looks of the newer model with the longer handles. I'm turning 37 next month and I'm also worried this bag might be only for younger ladies. (I'm always worried that I'll look like I'm trying to be young because I don't feel 37!!!)

I currently own several other LV's and am happy with all the bags I own - I just can't seem to get this Papillon out of my head.

Thanks ahead of time for any thoughts.

I love this bag. I had one in Monogram and then sold it and bought it in the Watercolor Speedy and literally juts took it out yesterday to start wearing again. It is very comfortable to carry and easy to get in and out of. Since I tend to overstuff my bags if I carry a big bag it is nice to habv a smaller bag. I am older than you and feel,this bag is perfect for any age.

Reactions: Brbie419
I love this bag. I had one in Monogram and then sold it and bought it in the Watercolor Speedy and literally juts took it out yesterday to start wearing again. It is very comfortable to carry and easy to get in and out of. Since I tend to overstuff my bags if I carry a big bag it is nice to habv a smaller bag. I am older than you and feel,this bag is perfect for any age.

Thanks for responding. :smile:.

I have the papillon 30 in mono. I got it when I was in my 20s. I'm now 40 :biggrin: Still love it and wear it. I never thought age matters or that no one else carries it anymore. If you love it, why not? Go for it :smile:

It's an adorable little bag that has been around since the 60's and for good reasons. My mom has a borderline vintage 30 and it's fun to use, although I do have to downsize some of my things since the bag's shape won't allow a ginormous toiletry pouch to fit inside.

I'm in the minority, I never liked the shape of this bag. But as you mentioned, it's not very common, so that could be a plus. If you like it, go for it. Although I would buy pre-LVoed so I could get the mini pochette that comes with it.

Just found this thread! I apologize because I did post a similar question in another thread. There’s just not much info on this new model. I’m considering the NM papillion and can’t find much info on it. I like the idea of longer handles. Wondering how comfortable it is on your shoulder. Anyone have this bag?