Thoughts on LV no longer stating where each bag is made? *cloth tag*

In all reality, I don't really care if some parts of LV is made in China, as long as, the quality will match the bags made back in the 80's and 90's. Also, they go back to the CS of life time repair warranty. Seriously, our major concern is the quality. We expect to spend money in exchange for quality. If LV still make quality bags, then incidents of repair will decrease, what would be the problem if occasion repairs are warrantied?

I guess, it is good that I feel totally LV content for the last six month and will continue to be living vicariously through tPF reveals.

If you think the cloth tags are bad, just wait until August - my SA confirmed with me that LV is also going to be discontinuing the D-ring that is associated with many of the bags. She said it is probably going to take place sometime in August of this year, and that its supposed to be hush hush. They are obviously making all of these cuts to save on costs. Such a shame...

I've been a loyal customer of LV for years, and it disgusts me that they are making all of these changes. Some of you say "its just a tag, or a tiny piece of metal," thats fine because its your opinion, but these minor details are important.

Cost cutting?! The d-rings aren't even brass! Goodness me, this is worse than I'd thought.

I went to LV Saturday and aske the SA about the cloth tag and she was like she didn't know about it, are some SAs this clueless? She even went on to say that those bags must be replicas and I was like, ummmm...no.

I went to LV Saturday and aske the SA about the cloth tag and she was like she didn't know about it, are some SAs this clueless? She even went on to say that those bags must be replicas and I was like, ummmm...no.

Oh yeah it seems that at lot of SA's aren't informed. When I brought it up to my regular SA she brought the bag over to the manager who then explained it her and it was apparently the first time she'd heard anything about it. I had specifically gone in to look at an Artsy to see if I could find the tag and find something more out about it.

Sorry to say this, but LV has already been manufacturing bags in China for the longest time... a friend of mine ended up getting one from a factory worker who snuck some material from the factory to remake and sell... This was a good 7 years ago too.

They also did the same for Rolex watches.

Sorry to say this, but LV has already been manufacturing bags in China for the longest time... a friend of mine ended up getting one from a factory worker who snuck some material from the factory to remake and sell... This was a good 7 years ago too.

They also did the same for Rolex watches.

Nonsense. When you have any facts here to support this, please post them. And "a friend of mine...." isn't fact.

Nonsense. Post any facts here to support this, and "a friend of mine...." isn't fact.

Believe it or not, but just because a leather tag says it's made somewhere doesn't mean the WHOLE BAG is made there. They're just good at covering it up and with this whole cloth tag issue, it's just getting out in the open. Companies would bypass the “provenance” laws requiring labels that tell where goods are produced by having 90 percent of the bag, sweater, suit or shoes made in China and then attaching the final bits — the handle, the buttons, the lifts — in Italy, thus earning a “Made in *insert wherever the bag will sell for more*” label.

You can be disappointed, but as "phoney" as China seems to make replicas and all, they're also fully capable of making a crap ton of luxury goods that end up getting tags of a different origin. Don't mean to offend anyone, but i am really not surprised about what is or isn't made in China anymore.

Like Canada Goose jackets for example, not made in China, but sewn together and made in Canada in a basement full of Chinese workers. Same **** different pile.

Believe it or not, but just because a leather tag says it's made somewhere doesn't mean the WHOLE BAG is made there. They're just good at covering it up and with this whole cloth tag issue, it's just getting out in the open.

You can be disappointed, but as "phoney" as China seems to make replicas and all, they're also fully capable of making a crap ton of luxury goods that end up getting tags of a different origin. Don't mean to offend anyone, but i am really not surprised about what is or isn't made in China anymore.

Like Canada Goose jackets for example, not made in China, but sewn together and made in Canada in a basement full of Chinese workers. Same **** different pile.

Hysteria, speculation, nonsense...

Go ahead and post one shred of facts concerning your Rolex factory claim, and document one Chinese worker stealing authentic LV canvas and producing a bag. Until that time, I will continue to notice the difference between wild rumor and facts.

Go ahead and post one shred of authentic facts concerning your Rolex factory claim, and document one Chinese worker stealing authentic LV canvas and producing a bag. Until that time, I will continue to notice the difference between wild rumor and facts.

inserted provenenace law blurb. Happens very frequently.

How would one feel about products being made in India? or are we just hating on China right now?

Anyhow, don't want to offend anyone or cause more anger, but i wouldn't look at China as just making crappy products. almost everything we wear and use these days and i really wouldn't be surprised if LV chooses to join that bandwagon.

Last edited:
steamer trunk said:
If you think the cloth tags are bad, just wait until August - my SA confirmed with me that LV is also going to be discontinuing the D-ring that is associated with many of the bags. She said it is probably going to take place sometime in August of this year, and that its supposed to be hush hush. They are obviously making all of these cuts to save on costs. Such a shame...

I've been a loyal customer of LV for years, and it disgusts me that they are making all of these changes. Some of you say "its just a tag, or a tiny piece of metal," thats fine because its your opinion, but these minor details are important.

What? Really? No D-ring? So does that mean they'll replace it w/ a cell phone pocket for current phones?LOL I mean I can accept this if the plan is to upgrade some features. Most bags don't have D-rings anyway but I do like having it in the ones that do.

lilmountaingirl said:
Just curious to get everyone's thoughts on this. Now that LV bags will no longer be produced with the "Made in ____" tags, how do you feel? How will this affect your future purchases since you won't know their origin?

It won't affect mine because i never care where the bag is made and liked having bags from all over. But i'm disappointed because an LV bag without a Made In stamp is like a Cabbage Patch Kid without a birth certificate!

Wait, I just happened to speak with my SA on this now as I was calling her about a new release bag that I'm waiting for, and she said LV bags will always have a tag where it is made. With the new cloth tag inside, it will always state MIU even if it doesn't have the same stamp on the outside leather. Am I missing something? From what a SA told me, LV will state where the bag is made!

Wait, I just happened to speak with my SA on this now as I was calling her about a new release bag that I'm waiting for, and she said LV bags will always have a tag where it is made. With the new cloth tag inside, it will always state MIU even if it doesn't have the same stamp on the outside leather. Am I missing something? From what a SA told me, LV will state where the bag is made!

Yes, the new tags state where the bags are made. The title of this thread is misleading and has seemed to provoke some hysteria.

For those of you who think your bags are really being made in China despite what the label happens to say, please file a class action lawsuit against LV and make yourself rich. Then stop complaining.