Thoughts on LV no longer stating where each bag is made? *cloth tag*

Thank you for posting that!:biggrin:

Hello :smile: I didn't read through this whole thread but I did see the word "China" so I thought I'd post LV's recent corporate message here too (I posted it in another thread as well) LV does NOT make their bags in China nor any 3rd world countries etc... as some people have "presumed" to be true... it's just not the case. The rumors are out of hand. ---

From Jen. S. LV client services:

"Our leather goods collections are made in our workshops located in France, Spain, Italy, and in the United States. The manufacture of our shoes and Ready-to-Wear collections is carried out in France and Italy. In all of our workshops, the choice of noble materials, and of skilled artisans, along with the extreme care brought to each phase of the creation of our products perpetuate and renew our tradition of excellence and refinement. Please note, Louis Vuitton items are not made in China, they are only made in one of the four countries noted above.

This modification was announced in October 2011 and began at the end of January 2012. That 'Made in USA' Small Leather Goods and Handbags are no longer stamped with a country of origin, as some of the materials can come from the other countries that I mentioned above. These items will only be stamped "LOUIS VUITTON PARIS" and the paper insert now states, "made in USA of imported materials." These imported materials are also from the countries mentioned above, and not from China. To avoid misrepresentation, these cards have been added because certain portions of our bags are made in those other countries (Spain, Italy, France), while the bag is assembled in the USA. I do hope this helps you. For further assistance or clarification, please contact Client Services at 866-VUITTON (866-884-8866) or visit us at www.louisvuitton.com."

Hope this helps ease some minds in this thread as well. :smile:

. Please note, Louis Vuitton items are not made in China, they are only made in one of the four countries noted above.

These imported materials are also from the countries mentioned above, and not from China.

Thank you for posting this. To insist otherwise requires inside information that is unlikely to be available to any given customer or SA.

Last edited:
Hello :smile: I didn't read through this whole thread but I did see the word "China" so I thought I'd post LV's recent corporate message here too (I posted it in another thread as well) LV does NOT make their bags in China nor any 3rd world countries etc... as some people have "presumed" to be true... it's just not the case. The rumors are out of hand. ---

"Our leather goods collections are made in our workshops located in France, Spain, Italy, and in the United States. The manufacture of our shoes and Ready-to-Wear collections is carried out in France and Italy. In all of our workshops, the choice of noble materials, and of skilled artisans, along with the extreme care brought to each phase of the creation of our products perpetuate and renew our tradition of excellence and refinement. Please note, Louis Vuitton items are not made in China, they are only made in one of the four countries noted above.

This modification was announced in October 2011 and began at the end of January 2012. That 'Made in USA' Small Leather Goods and Handbags are no longer stamped with a country of origin, as some of the materials can come from the other countries that I mentioned above. These items will only be stamped "LOUIS VUITTON PARIS" and the paper insert now states, "made in USA of imported materials." These imported materials are also from the countries mentioned above, and not from China. To avoid misrepresentation, these cards have been added because certain portions of our bags are made in those other countries (Spain, Italy, France), while the bag is assembled in the USA. I do hope this helps you. For further assistance or clarification, please contact Client Services at 866-VUITTON (866-884-8866) or visit us at www.louisvuitton.com."

Thanks for sharing this positive info Ishcat!

I wonder what made others seem to be so sure that LV are not only outsourcing to China but they also mentioned that all the hardwares are made in China :thinking:

Thanks sweetie for posting this! It's the the proof that I needed to confirm that my hunch was indeed right ;)

To anyone who is wondering why a company like LV would move manufacturing to a country like China where counterfeits are known to be produced... LOTS of high end brands manufacture in China. I wouldn't be at all surprised if LV eventually do (or are on some level already doing) too. Of course if you contact them they're not going to tell you that they manufacture in China. If they're not required by law to tell you that parts of their products are made in different parts of the world that are associated with cheap labour/poor working conditions, they certainly aren't going to volunteer that information!

If I wanted to carry less expensive bags made in China, I'd buy Dooney or Coach.
I only feel LV is money well spent if it is a quality bag, made in a country with a reputation for quality, not junk.

So if LV is going to follow the manufacturing world and start making crap for the masses, well, my obsession will be quickly over.

Like others have said, hold onto your current collection, ladies.......vintage may be worth a lot in the near future!!
Well said:smile:

Listen I'm not going to get on a soap box and cry about working conditions in China when I buy products and clothing nearly every day that are manufactured there...but I also don't spend upwards of $1k for them, either. How much is a bag or sweater at H&M these days? $20?

If they're cutting costs, lowering quality, and using cheap labor then they have no business raising prices due to "inflation" - what, are they paying their new factory workers in China more than those in the US, France or Spain? It defies logic.

I can't wait for another false advertising suit to pop up, this time for Paris being stamped on the bags.

You took the words right out of my mouth ;)

Seriously, has it even been confirmed that LV will be outsourcing to China? This speculation is similar to the "price increase" thread which is basically a lot of whining over nothing (sorry, but I've found that thread to be more of a headache than useful. But lets get back on track here). All it takes is for one person to say LV is doing this or that, and the whole thing gets blown out of proportion. Who cares if they're changing the tag. There are people dying in the world. Relax.

But I highly doubt that LV would risk disgracing their reputation and heritage by implementing Chinese craftsmanship. Just think about it - why on earth would they want to move production to one of, if not, THE biggest counterfeit-trafficking nation in the world? C'mon, lets give LV a little more credit here.

Apple did it, and now they're pulling their hair out trying to shut down all the fake Apple stores that popped up in China. Funny part is that they reached out to the Chinese government for help and were shut down.