Thoughts on LV no longer stating where each bag is made? *cloth tag*

In addition to what the tag may mean about where the bags are now being made and the craftsmanship... it's just flat out ugly. They couldn't find a better or more discreet tag?

What exactly does Made in the U.S.A. of imported materials. Can't it also mean that the materials were imported from other countries and then the bags were assembled in U.S.A.

I'm tempted to email Louis Vuitton and ask them from which country do they import their materials to make their bags in the U.S.A. Actually, thats exactly what I'm going to do. I wonder if they'll even respond. :sneaky:

Let me know what they say? I'm very curious to hear. :smile:

This should either be "GLOBAL OR NOT AT ALL" I SAY NOT AT ALL
Its only going to create a divide between Cloth VS Leather / America VS The World (LOL do you mind the dramatics?)
Re-Sale value may suffer for cloth owners. I can just imagine myself selling a cloth to a consignment shop lady and get the "oh its a cloth" look... minus x amount of $$ (Sorry but i am sure this is going to happen)
Should't the dynamics for such a premier handbag be UNIVERSALLY the SAME? From the Stitching--- To the Zipper pull--- To the Made In ___ Label ?
Couldn't they have just made a larger leather label with this those few extra words????

IDK... Just had to voice off some concern as an American living in Europe/Dubai.

Last edited:
BagLady14 said:
I have already decided. I won't buy an LV bag with a cloth tag. I'll either buy a leather MIF or a preloved bag or just use the bags I already have.

Me neither, I am NOT buying a Louis with a tag, The tag is just ugly and it doesn't represent a high quality Louis Vuitton like before.

My mom went to the LV store today to buy the Artsy bag, and they tried to sell her one with the cloth tag on it. She told them to find her one without that tag or she wasn't buying anything. The SA told her that all the Artsy bags they were getting in had that tag on them. :crybaby: Luckily, the guy found one that had a Made in Spain tag on it, so she ended up getting it. LV really needs to stop trying to cheapen themselves with these damn tags.

Wow.. this is really surprising.. granted I stopped purchasing LV bags after 2008..because I felt the overall quality of the bags had changed.. and LV became too common.. everywhere I looked someone was carrying LV real or fake.. so I moved onto Chanel.
I would still continue to purchase LV scarves since the quality is still good. .

Last edited:
i hope they won't get rid of it b/c i like knowing where my bag was made, and i'm really disliking the "cloth tag" it just cheapens the bag and that's something that can be easily counterfeited

Waffle65 said:
My mom went to the LV store today to buy the Artsy bag, and they tried to sell her one with the cloth tag on it. She told them to find her one without that tag or she wasn't buying anything. The SA told her that all the Artsy bags they were getting in had that tag on them. :crybaby: Luckily, the guy found one that had a Made in Spain tag on it, so she ended up getting it. LV really needs to stop trying to cheapen themselves with these damn tags.

I love your Mom.

Hello,

I purchased a DE 30 in January this year. After reading this thread, I looked closely at the bag last night, but couldn't spot a cloth tag (it's MIU).

Does anyone have a picture of what the cloth tag looks like? I considering a Mon Mono Neverful, but honestly don't want to get any deeper into LV if the company has taken a turn for the worse.

Thank you.