Thoughts on Limited Edition Speedy / Neverfull

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi !! I just wanted to ask you how do you think about limited edtion bags ?

Since some days ago, I cannot stop thinking about Speedy 30 Monogram Jungle !!!!

I already have 3 speedies ( Speedy B Mono 30 / Speedy 35 Damier / Speedy 30 Azur ) and I would love to have a limited edition speedy.....It is a piece of art .......

But then I can already kind of imagine myself feeling a bit embarassed to carry this bag next year and on...

I remember Kusama fever some years ago, do you still use them ??
    If I buy a speedy jungle this year, I will be only proud of that beautiful bag this summer ??
    I know it does not matter what other people think or you should carry whatever bag you like....but since it will be my first limited edition piece, i wanted to hear opinion of those who have bought the limited edtion pieces ( especially bags ) before.

I am undecided to get speedy mono jungle or Alma BB in Epi Rose Ballerine for the anniversary gift.

Thank you so much in advance for your insights !!

2. Definitely a matter of personal taste. I recently purchased the speedy totem in flamingo that was released last year. It's such a gorgeous, special twist to the classic that I'll carry that one for as long as I'm breathing. If it's special to you, go for it!!

SkeeWee1908 likes this.
  3. I personally did not care for the Kusama at all and I only considered the jungle in SLGs. But it's totally up to you. That bag will most likely have a better resale value if you do end up changing your mind since its limited edition, so that's something to keep in mind

4. A matter of personal taste for sure.
    The seasonal versions of bags can be hit or miss in my opinion.

5. I like them, but since I wear patterned dresses in the summer, they clash with the patterns.

6. i like them to a certain extend. I tend to gravitate towards ones that's more classic and not too flashy. For example, i do not mind owning a Mirage Speedy in Noir or the Paillettes in Blue. With that said, if it suit your personality and you love it, get it!

7. I have the jungle NF with the red palm dot and I love it. I dont see why you would feel embarrassed carrying this bag. I think the truth is most people will not even know its a seasonal LV release so I dont think anyone you are passing by will be thinking "Oh my goodness that Palmdot speedy is sooo summer 2016". I say if you like it go for it. I really like the red and blue palm because I live in NY and I think it will carry over into fall time nicely.

8. So in love with my Palm Springs NF. I plan on carrying it for a long time. I knew when I saw it, it had to be mine. If you love it, go for it :smile:

Attached Files:

diamondsfrost likes this.
  9. Thank you all for your insights !!
    I appreciate each of the messages you wrote and beautiful picture of NF jungle !
    Tomorrow I will go to LV in Venezia and will see both bags in person and
    will follow my heart !!