Thoughts on Letterwood

Why am I not surprised BBC was looking at letterwood, too? I'm enchanted by this wood.
Looking forward to joining this club!!

Of course!!!! [emoji8][emoji8][emoji8] Letterwood would be STUNNING on you!!!
...and I would *always* be thrilled to be your twin!

Letterwood is still near the top of my list. Just want to make sure you know it darkens over time. One of the SAs in Crystals/Vegas has a full set and I nearly mistook it for onyx, except this is in pg. To me it is really stunning when it darkens and I would love to see how it would work with the new onyx/pg earrings [emoji177]

Reactions: pazt and TankerToad

Letterwood is still near the top of my list. Just want to make sure you know it darkens over time. One of the SAs in Crystals/Vegas has a full set and I nearly mistook it for onyx, except this is in pg. To me it is really stunning when it darkens and I would love to see how it would work with the new onyx/pg earrings [emoji177]

When my NYC VCA SA sent me photos today of the two stands of 10 motif letterwood that she had in stock, I wanted the darker - it looked so rich and lux.
She suggested the lighter wood strand because, as you and another dear member here told me, it darkens over time - so I chose the lighter. The VCA SA is holding until we can match earrings (which had to be ordered)
Was so delighted and somehow so not surprised by your thread asking all the questions I would have asked about the letterwood -
Thank you for that!
Ever think we are like sisters separated at birth? So much synergy.
The long term plan is to layer the letterwood with the 20 motif pink gold vintage Alhambra .....
And short answer is - adore the darkening of the wood-- don't you think it is mysterious and alluring like the carved staircase of an old European manor house or the luminous wood of a pirates treasure chest or a perhaps well worn talisman of an adventurer?

PS
My SA insisted with my / our coloring that pink gold was the way to go -
As I had originally asked for yellow gold---
You are way ahead of me here.....

Reactions: BBC
When my NYC VCA SA sent me photos today of the two stands of 10 motif letterwood that she had in stock, I wanted the darker - it looked so rich and lux.
She suggested the lighter wood strand because, as you and another dear member here told me, it darkens over time - so I chose the lighter. The VCA SA is holding until we can match earrings (which had to be ordered)
Was so delighted and somehow so not surprised by your thread asking all the questions I would have asked about the letterwood -
Thank you for that!
Ever think we are like sisters separated at birth? So much synergy.
The long term plan is to layer the letterwood with the 20 motif pink gold vintage Alhambra .....
And short answer is - adore the darkening of the wood-- don't you think it is mysterious and alluring like the carved staircase of an old European manor house or the luminous wood of a pirates treasure chest or a perhaps well worn talisman of an adventurer?

Absolutely TT! I have actually used a few of your photos here on TPF as a reference for what would work on me. [emoji8] In that way you have inspired me to try things I might not have! Even on our timing - took me a while to get here, too, because I was also caught up in H! [emoji133]

I am in 100% agreement about layering with pg, it's on my list as well. I saw TGG recommended in the other thread the perlee hoops (which are gorgeous) but what I would love to do is SO the pave VA earrings in pg [emoji177][emoji177][emoji177]

Love love love the darker wood. So glad you do too - it does look so much more interesting and intriguing (and actually, sophisticated) when it darkens.

PS
My SA insisted with my / our coloring that pink gold was the way to go -
As I had originally asked for yellow gold---
You are way ahead of me here.....

Ha! [emoji254] I have always preferred pg the most, even when I was young (when it was popular for about 3 minutes in 1983). At least with VCA you can mix pg and yg. [emoji1360]

Reactions: TankerToad
I think letterwood is so interesting. I would love to get them if our boutique stocked them! They seem really hard to get in due to quarantine restrictions where we are.

As others have said here - letterwood is interesting, and I wouldn't hesitate - in fact I didn't hesitate when I purchased my magic necklace. These semiprecious stones are not any more expensive and stones are still just as fickle as wood (not worn in shower/not exposed to perfumes/etc..) so as far as I'm concerned it is a non issue for me. If you love it, and truly think you would enjoy it, then go for it! I would purchase letterwood again without hesitation.

Anyone with letterwood also have the new LE onyx earrings? I cannot see owning both these and the letterwood earrings, but I'm hoping the wood darkens enough so that you can wear the onyx/pg with it. I've seen letterwood darken enough so that I've confused it for onyx but have never seen them together.

Please post pics if you have both!

I'm sorry if I sounded discouraging. I actually have letterwood and I was just trying to express my understanding over why other people may not feel the love as much as they do for some of the other stones. For a redhead I think that letterwood is a great choice. It reads more burgundy vs the Tigers eye which reads more gold. I would agree that it is a softer look than the onyx. I like to wear mine casually: jeans, tall brown boots, white shirt and my chocolate box Kelly ...with the long letterwood and pg perlee hoops. This is a fun, casual look.
Also: letterwood (aka snakewood aka Boise de amour) is a rare exotic hardwood. It has history and VCA even carved the rose de Noel brooch (among others) from this wood.
It is very special!!
My husband really liked it, but i couldn’t see paying for wood. Plus I thought it would need extra care. So I didn’t buy it. Now I wished I had. Isn’t that always the way. LOL

I am a fan of the letterwood even though it is wood! I, like texasgirliegirl, have the limited edition 20 motif with alternating pink gold motifs, but I also have the long Magic necklace that I am wearing as I type this!

I know there are people who don't love letterwood, but I do! It would be a very boring world if we all loved the same things.;)

Good luck with your decision!
It’s been a few years, do you still like your magic letterwood pendant? Has it gotten darker? I’m afraid to wear it because i put on sunscreen and never feel like it absorbs into my skin enough. Thought???