Thoughts on ikat / tribal print jackets?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm looking for a spring jacket to wear with jeans and I can't decide if these prints are cute or not? I was thinking about this one from Isabel marant but I don't love this particular print / fit so looking for something else but what do you think of this style? Also if anyone has mod pics, please share! Thanks

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1396141635.166904.jpg

2. Personally I don't like Ikat prints for clothing but that's just me. I think it's a design you get bored with very quickly. And I again personally don't like black & white for spring - I think spring should be fun, all about florals and girly colours. But If you like it, go for it!

3. I like the Ebba jacket you posted and I like the way the way it was styled in the IM Etoile lookbook. I prefer the blue/white to the black/white version - it's not as stark as the black. Personally I like printed coats and jackets but not on high rotation. If I owned this particular jacket I'd wear it for years because it won't date but I wouldn't wear it too often.

4. These are the images from the spring look book I referred to above, just in case you haven't seen them :smile:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Maybe consider doing ikat in a short instead of a jacket? The shorts are really cute!

6. I like the jacket you posted in the blue\white combo.

I have to say that I am surprised that this trend has lasted as long as it has. I think this is the 4th Spring I have seen it.

7. Thanks for your replies and thanks for posting pictures from the look book! Looks awesome on the model.

I'm a little worried I'll wear it a few times and get sick of the print (or others might get sick of seeing me in that print! haha) so not sure if I want to invest in the piece or get something in the middle.. It's one of those things I like looking at but not sure if it's for me? I've been doing that a lot lately! Just have a style that I always go for and tough for me to get into new styles and even prints.. So maybe I will take a chance ...

8. I like Ikat/tribal prints. I use them in my style regardless if they are "in" or not. I don't think you should try to like something you don't feel comfortable with. (The IM coat is way too expensive to buy if your not 100% sure about it.) Just my opinion.:flowers:

9. Yeah, i wouldnt get something that I didn't like or I'm not going to wear at all. but I am thinking about getting a jacket in some sort of print to liven up my wardrobe this spring. I feel like I'm in a style rut and everything's starting to look the same so I wanna try something new this season..