Thoughts on Elizabeth James Sequin Shrug?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2009

Attached Files:

2. Not a direct answer I know, but have you checked out Topshop recently?

They have a selection of cute sequined boleros and jackets for a lot less than this E&J one, though I haven't seen them IRL.

3. Hmm...I mean it's not a bad deal, but not a great deal either, and what happens if you don't like the way you look in it. If you buy it off ebay, you can't return it. My best bet would be to find out who sells it, (i.e. Bloomingdales, Saks) and when you see that they have a sale coming up, give them a call and see how much it is on sale. I know that during some of Bloomingdale's sales, EJ clothing can be less than $100, or at least, the ones that I have seen.

4. Thanks that helped! I think I'll hold off on this.

5. Sequins are one of my new fav things and it's very pretty, but I don't think I would pay that much for it.

6. Love sequin shrugs! However, there is little difference between a sequin shrug from a designer label and one that is not, imo. It's a little difficult to justify paying that price..

7. I love it. But its a very trendy peice. Can you see yourself wearing 1,2,5 years from now? Maybe it isn't the best thing to pay full price for. I would wait until it went on sale to a price, I could justify.

8. I'll be honest, I wouldn't wear that, especially for the price tag. Sorry. :flowers:

9. Too expensive IMO.

10. I think you could find something very similar in the stores (or thrift shops!) for much less. :smile:

11. I like the shrug but for that price, I think you should wait for it to go on sale.

12. Totally agree. Unless its going to become a staple in your wardrobe, rather than a trendy piece, wait until it goes on sale or find a cheaper version somewhere else.

13. TBH, I would not wear that. It is extremely overpriced IMPO too.

14. Not a fan.