Thoughts on Denim GG bags

May 2, 2010
Has anyone seen the denim GG pattern in person? Had a denim LV bag a few years ago and did love it--its hard to tell online what the denim looks like in real life. Wondered if anyone saw it . . . thanks!

I've seen it and while I like the shape of the bags, I don't really like the fabric. The LV pattern is iconic and recognizable anywhere, where I had to take a really good look at the Gucci bag to even know if was Gucci. The interlocking Gs look like it's almost a knockoff or something. I'm sure we've all seen the "designer inspired" bags available at any discount retailer and it was reminiscent of that. Obviously, just my opinion!

P.S. I LOVED the denim LV!

I'm attaching a picture of what I think the OP is talking about and then attaching a photo of a "designer inspired" bag. I'm hoping then you can somewhat see what I was talking about. I'm thinking now that designer inspired was somewhat of a loose term. I've found a photo of a Liz Claiborne bag that is somewhat similar in terms of pattern, use of material, etc. I have also found a Guess bag that is denim in color (not sure of actual material), but it use of interlocking Gs is apparent as well. I just feel that if you are going to spend as much money as you would on a Gucci bag, I feel it should not have a chance of mistaken identity.

Gucci Bag

IMG_3668.jpg

Liz Claiborne Bag

lizc_cases_4.jpg

Guess Bag

P2142023.jpg