Thoughts on Chic Caviar?

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi, what are you thoughts on chic caviar? I was thinking of getting a m/l, but m/l is getting to be ridiculously expensive now. I am wondering if I should get a seasonal bag instead. How big is the small flap compare to the m/l?

I tried doing a search on this forum, but it seems like not many people have the chic caviar bag yet. How many different styles are there? Can you wear the flap as a messenger? Do you think the metallic "sheen" from the caviar will rub off like all other metallic leather? How durable do you think this soft caviar is?

Please share your thoughts on this line as well! :biggrin:

2. I can't speak for the size of the smaller size, but the larger size fits a bit less than my jumbo so I think the small Chic Caviar would be about the same as a M/L. The leather is not rigid so maybe you can fit a little more in the smaller flap.

The other style I've seen in this leather is a tote that has a large dangling CC and 2 chain with interwoven leather straps. It's not so much like a GST, it has softer edges but capacity seems to be about the same. I think there may be one more style... but I'm not completely sure either.

The large flap chain length is too short to wear as messenger. It falls above my hip so it looks a little stupid. If you're maybe 5'-5'2" maybe it could work for you. I'm not sure of the strap length of the smaller size.

The metallic finish does not feel like it will come off unless you scuff it off (Say against stucco or a brick wall)... It's hard to explain but it almost feels like it has a plastic coating on top, but in no way does it feel cheap. It still smells and feels like leather.

I bought my purple flap because it's a good alternative to the much more expensive classic. I have a few classic flaps (since it's my favorite style) and this is a nice twist on a classic.

3. With the softer caviar and the bag being less structured than the classic flap, I was wondering if the bottom of the bag would sag a lot over time. Anyone have that concern? I personally prefer a more structured look but I think this bag is a great everyday bag without having to baby it as much.

4. I personally don't think so because the bottom piece of leather is separate from the sides and it's not super wide. As long as you don't overload the bag I don't think it would be a problem.

5. Hi karman, im new to this site and i apologize if i posted on the wrong thread. I saw your post on your chanel black flap bag 8 series on one of the threads here and I have been searching for someone with an 8 or 9 series. My 9 series flap bag has a plain snap button and got me worried. I wanted to ask you if your 8 series has an engraved chanel on it or just plain? Your response would be a great help. Thanks

6. Hi karman, im new to this site and i apologize if i posted on the wrong thread. I saw your post on your chanel black flap bag 8 series on one of the threads here and I have been searching for someone with an 8 or 9 series. My 9 series flap bag has a plain snap button and got me worried. I wanted to ask you if your 8 series has an engraved chanel on it or just plain? Your response would be a great help. Thanks

7. See this post: http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/snap-button-on-my-flap-not-engraved-help-699423.html#post19672288

8. Thanks for your help, Karman. The purple flap looks really good on you. If only they have it in stock in the calgary boutique (my nearest boutique). I was told they are almost sold out of it. :lol: I am always late to seasonal stuff.

9. You actually just missed it. I live in Calgary and got it there, but it was already on hold for a few days I think before I put my name down.

Have you tried calling other boutiques? Calgary still had it in red on Monday if you don't mind a different colour.

10. Hi, Karman: I haven't try calling the other boutiques. When I called Calgary, they told me that the line was released 2 weeks ago and it's almost sold out as there are limited supplies. So you are very lucky to get the purple flap. :graucho: The SA did tell me that there is only the red color left and the tote style left. The red color is a bit too much for me in a jumbo size bag so I think I will leave it. I live in Edm so I rarely go to the boutique in Calgary and whenever I call the boutique for an item, it is either not available or is already sold out. :lol::lol: I am always late. :lol: Thanks for your help though.

11. Do you want my SA at NM Boston? He has black, grey and purple chic caviar, as of three days ago!

12. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the bottom. I'll have to take another look at the bag again. Enjoy your new purple beauty!!

13. Hi there: Thank you very much! But I can't buy it from the states because I will pay a lot for custom/duties. Thanks for helping though. :biggrin:

14. I can't believe bags are now more in the States! With customs and duties you'd be paying around $400-$500 more I think!

15. I love the chic caviar ligne! I think it's a durable and practical alternative to the classics. I just love the style, especially in the dark silver and purple. I don't think the metallic sheen would rub off...since it is set in the leather. The smaller of the two flaps fits about the same as a medium flap, so if you have a long wallet, not much else will fit after putting the wallet in! The larger of the two flaps is spacious, can fit long wallet and other daily essentials without an issue.