Thoughts on Chanel’s patent leather?

hellopatricia

Jan 30, 2016
Hello PFers!
I just bought the Chanel Clutch on a Chain off of Fashionphile (which I also posted on the help authenticate thread— please help if you can). It’s in really good condition, black patent leather with silver hardware. I bought it because I saw youtube reviews of how much this flat looking clutch can actually fit in so much, even more than my Classic Medium flap. And plus it gives me off the Classic Jumbo vibes, kinda-sortaish. My mom absolutely hates it and thinks the patent is really cheap looking. And from what I’ve seen, I don’t think Chanel patent items being too hot compared to their caviar/lambskin items. So if any of you out there that owns any Chanel patent bags or slgs— what are your opinions on it? And if you don’t like the patent, why not?

Bags_4_life

Sep 4, 2012
London
Hello PFers!
I just bought the Chanel Clutch on a Chain off of Fashionphile (which I also posted on the help authenticate thread— please help if you can). It’s in really good condition, black patent leather with silver hardware. I bought it because I saw youtube reviews of how much this flat looking clutch can actually fit in so much, even more than my Classic Medium flap. And plus it gives me off the Classic Jumbo vibes, kinda-sortaish. My mom absolutely hates it and thinks the patent is really cheap looking. And from what I’ve seen, I don’t think Chanel patent items being too hot compared to their caviar/lambskin items. So if any of you out there that owns any Chanel patent bags or slgs— what are your opinions on it? And if you don’t like the patent, why not?
Hi, if you do a search there have been a lot of threads about patent, there was one quite recently. Here are a few, but there’s many more. I have a patent reissue style bag and I love it. The leather is really durable and great for rainy days here in London, it also looks lovely as an evening bag in particular. It’s not as popular but that makes it more unique imo, but only you can decide if you love it or agree with your mum.

Reactions: Polasun

bm1

Jan 19, 2019
I’ve had this patent eyelet bag for 5 years and usually use it as an evening bag. It’s definitely not that popular right now (most ppl I know don’t like patent), but I’ve been happy with mine and glad that I got it.
4AD6AEB6-5500-4524-8E12-9355AB2EFA91.jpeg

Reactions: wisconsin

lvchanellvr

Jul 11, 2015
Canada
If it is a dark patent color (black, navy blue, etc), I say go for it. I find patent leather quite durable and it gives off a nice soft sheen. Life is too short, buy the bag! Lol.