Thoughts on Chanel J12 Black w/Rose Gold?

rainyjewels

eat me
O.G.
Nov 8, 2006
I was this close to buying the midsize Ballon Bleu from Cartier when this watch caught my eye. I have not seen anyone on TPF talk or even mention this watch in black w/rose gold. What do you guys think? Feel free to be totally honest :P

2i896hw.jpg

Gorgeous! I'm guessing it is a 33mm because it doesn't say automatic on it so it is probably the quartz. This is a guess that the price would be somewhere between $5200 and $5600.

It's quartz, 38mm, and $8750 at Saks. Apparently no discount at all now because it's excluded from EGC and also the 10% new account discount. I'm guessing the high price is because of the combo of the rose gold (which increases the price of any watch) as well as the diamond markers. They really pop from the black, but I'm not sure if it's too loud or in your face...or can it be "elegant" enough for everyday wear? Here's a pic of the ballon bleu I was considering for comparison...

29nwdvn.png

Last edited:
Wow - much more expensive than what I thought. I like the $5600 ones just as much! I would never pay almost $3000 more for a J12 when there are maginficent stunning ones for under $6000 (that you can also get discounted).

Yes, the other style diamond markers on a 33mm is $5200 or $5350 - something like that for original face. I believe the newer 33mm with diamond markers on a MOP face is $5600. I inquired a few weeks ago and Saks will discount 10% on those.