Thoughts on buying a bag you know you won't use much

I have the eva and I don't use it that often but I LOVE having it. It is such a staple. It's good to know I have the option of using her when I only need a few things with me!! I would def recommend it!!

I've never purchased a bag that I never carried. If I bought one and then discovered I didn't like it much, I would sell it so I could buy something else, but I've never carried one once or twice then put it away to never be carried again. I bought my Excursion 2nd hand from a lady who carried it as a handbag, but I've used it as part of my luggage. Same for my Deauville. Neither of them would I consider carrying for a daily handbag, but they do get used on occasion.

10 x is definitely worth getting it. Go for it! As for me, I would get it and then find ways to work it in with my outfits. For example, I bought Shimmer Halo with the intention of using only for special occasions (3-4 x/yr), but I try to work her in during the day with those shimmery tops under my business suits which would then be perfect to go out in the evenings, too. Let's just put it this way....let your creative side come out and play.

I would buy it and then tell your DH that you would like him to take you out for lots of special dinners. That way you will get lots of use out of the purse and spend some quality time with your husband!

I think the fact that it's high quality, expensive, and not to be used often means that it's a luxury item. As nobody here has a problem with that, I say go for it!

I think the Eva is a wonderful buy and that you'll use it much more than you think you will. Mine often does double duty as I tend to keep my wallet & coin purse in the Eva and put Eva down inside other LV purses. It allows me to easily keep track of those important items in a large purse and also gives me the option of a smaller purse for impromptu after work outings where a big bag is just too much. It is, of course, a wonderful clutch when only a few small items are needed for an outing.

If you love it, go for it!! Good luck with your decision.

This is awful, but I do this. I buy things almost knowing I will hardly use them. Sure enough, I have used my cosmetic case twice and my Kate a handful of times. I love having them "just in case" though. If you need some enablement, though, check out this pic:

Attachments

• adriana-lima-vogue 2.jpg
    adriana-lima-vogue 2.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 48
I have the exact same dilemma!Id love getting the Cosmetic clutch in Pink or Bleu but why did they make it smaller this season?:tdown: Anyone knows if they make it in a bigger size?
I'd love getting a matching Phoenix Belt too...
BTW has anyone ever tried attaching a removable wrist strap to a cosmetic pouch?

I don't need a clutch bag often but if I do, it's a formal and elegant event and if I just use something not special then, it won't feel right. Soooo I thought do this right and got the Motard Afterdark pochette. It works wonderfully and its quality is great. It makes even a jeans outfit look sophisticated.

If it's the element missing in your outfit and you will really use it for those 10 times, and not choose something else, I'd get it if you can afford it! ;)

I personally wouldnt by it. I have the Eliza which is still pretty small and I rarely use it.... I have so many bags that Ive only used twice its redic. I'm realizing its not necessary... I would save your money and buy another bag that you will use alot more often.

Spinky, many of my smaller bags only get used about 10 times a year. I think that is normal.

I said this out loud, or close to it, immed. after I read the OP, so true!
I would get the bag bec. you may not use a ton the first year you have it but over the years it will get use. Also sometimes just owning something that is beautiful is enjoyment enough. I have an epi segur pochette that I barely wear but I love just having it and I know it will get used in the long run when I will be more able to use it (not when my kids are still little).

100% for the Eva, it is elegant, and you can dress it down with the long strap and use it everyday, this is the best investment, plus, since it is monogram, it will never goes out of style and matches everything. Go for it! Even if you won´t use much, think that the few times you use you will give a touch of class to your entire attire...that alone is worth it.