Thoughts on buying a bag you know you won't use much

I feel this way about the Graffiti and New Vernis colours bags, i'd only use them in the summer but in the U.K we have very little warm days so it would be a waste of money for me, so I'm sticking to the accessories!

I have never used my KATE clutch but I know I will so I think its normal with smaller clutches anyway!

i bought a pre-loved mono clutch and have used it MAYBE two times. but i love it so much and love to have it for when i need a clutch. :yes:

I have that same problem, but if its really cute and the price is right then I usually end up buying it. To my surprise I use it more than I think. I didnt think I would use my orange perfo speedy that much and I get so much use out of it. Go for it!

I love my eva and actually used it for the entire week while in Hawaii a few months ago. Great for shopping, running errands, it be dressed up with just the chain or carried across the body with the strap. I really think you'll use it way more than you realize. Go for it!!:tup:

I'm exactly the same, I hate having an item I don't feel I use. I really want one of the new vernis pieces because the colors are so neat, but again I feel if I get one of those small clutches I may not use it that much, so I'm going to use it as a traveling makeup case to put in my larger purses and keep with me when I'm not using it to go out. That way I get to use it a lot and see it a lot when I'm not using it as a clutch :tup:

At the moment I'm not in a position to spend lots of money on a bag that won't be used very much, so my luggage and "dressy" bags are cheaper versions. I wish I was in a position to spend more on these things, but I just can't justify it to myself. I've saved up money to get Roses & Graffiti stuff, but I do have lots of doubts about spending that kind of money. Hopefully I'll just fall in love instantly when I see the bags IRL...

I had a similar dilemma. I bought a brown watercolor belt knowing I wouldn't use it everyday, but I bought it anyway and I love looking at it, but when I do wear it, I kinda get excited lol.

Thanks guys for all your thoughts. I'm glad I wouldn't be the only one to only use an item a few times a year. I'll drop the hint to DH that I'd like one for my birthday that's coming up! :nuts:

If you can afford it, get it. There are different occasions which require different types of bags--e.g., evening bags or usually smaller, etc. You don't want to be in a position to be using the wrong style bag cause you don't have what's appropriate.

I just bought the pochette knowing it won't be used everyday but it is definitely something needed for those occasions where you don't need a huge bag, going out to dinner, vacations, etc.

Good luck