Thoughts on Blue Nile Jewelry?

VALady94

Sep 30, 2019
Thoughts on purchasing from Blue Nile? I got a great steal on some silver studs, but I don't much about the company and wanted to get thoughts before I purchased more.

So Yays? Nays?

We used Blue Nile for my wedding ring. They are legit. I picked my stone that came with a GIA report and designed my wedding rings. The rings came in and were too small. I was able to return and they adjusted the sizing. Last year, I randomly looked up the qualities of my stone and see it is about 2.5 times the cost we paid over 14 years ago. My stones sparkle! I have not purchased other jewelry from them but had a great experience back then.

My husband ordered his platinum wedding band from Blue Nile. He's happy with the price/quality.
Blue Nile has been around for about two decades mainly as an online store.

Reactions: VALady94
I bought a few things from them in the last few years. They are legit and I never have any problem. All of mine were Fedex free shipping overnight or 2 days shipping with signature. Never had to complain so I don't really deal much with the customer service. so Yay.

Reactions: VALady94
Blue Nile is legit; they’ve been around for a long time. My husband got my engagement ring from them a few years ago and we were both very pleased. I still enjoy wearing my engagement ring every single day :smile:

Blue Nile has been around a long time. Their products are good and their customer service is great. I've purchased a lot of gemstone earrings from them, after reading many positive reviews from TPFers, and they've all been top-notch. Years go I did return a bracelet to them that I didn't like and thought was not up to their quality standards and they were great about it. I've never had reservations about ordering from them and in fact prefer them over other online jewelry stores.

Reactions: missie1 and limom
We bought my engagement ring diamond there 21 years ago when Blue Nile had a different name. I then took the diamond and had it reassessed and verified by my own jeweler. I am so glad that I used this site because we saved about 30% on the cost of the diamond.

Blue Nile is hard to beat for value. I have not purchased from them yet, but that's only because my best friend is a fine jeweler and I like to support my friends and small businesses. If you don't already have a jeweler that will give you great prices, absolutely shop BN.

I bought some diamond studs and returned them. They weren’t very sparkly even though they had good specs and the settings were from a cast, not hand made.