Thoughts on Black leather 2012 F/W?

Nov 23, 2008
Hey ladies, I just purchased a black part-time w/ rose gold hardware from Neimans which will be shipped to my house in a few days. I was wondering what everyone's thoughts where on the leather. I recently stopped in a Neimans to check out some of the other Bal bags to feel the leather and wasn't so impressed.. a lot of felt.. paper-ish if that makes sense? I wasnt able to feel the black with rose gold bc they didnt have any left and had to have it shipped from another store. How does the leather on the black feel? Will the leather soften? Thanks in advance!!!

That certainly is the way some bags feel. Bal leather is brutally frustrating sometimes. There are definitely bags that have dry thin papery feeling leather. There are also the moist, thick, smooshy, soft.

So, it is not so much the color that affects the leather's texture. It's more the batch or just that bag's leather.

Bal lovers use Leather Honey and other products to moisten the leather. Sometimes wear/use helps.

If this is your first Bal, keep in mind that a good SA will listen to your preference in leather and try to find that for you.

That certainly is the way some bags feel. Bal leather is brutally frustrating sometimes. There are definitely bags that have dry thin papery feeling leather. There are also the moist, thick, smooshy, soft.

So, it is not so much the color that affects the leather's texture. It's more the batch or just that bag's leather.

Bal lovers use Leather Honey and other products to moisten the leather. Sometimes wear/use helps.

If this is your first Bal, keep in mind that a good SA will listen to your preference in leather and try to find that for you.

Thanks for your help! This will be my first Bal! I'm super excited for it. I will check out the leather honey too.