Thoughts on an All weather bag

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
?

All weather bag?

1. Leather

2. Patent

3. Siggy

4. PVC

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I have an upcoming BD and I've been wanting an All weather bag.I live in a climate that has all 4 Seasons! We get snow,rain,ice,etc. New England weather is so unpredictible.My family and fiance' are going to buy me a Patent bag.Only due to having a coupon saving $100.

Anyhow, I have my eye on a Coach bag, the Patent Lg. Sophia in sv/dark grey..I've heard that patent is the easiest to care for and it holds up nicely. Thats what I'm looking for, and having an almost 4 and 5 yr. old makes it even more appealing.

So in your opinion, what bag will make a good all weather bag?~Canvas~Leather~Patent~Signature~ Thank's for any thoughts and feedback.

2. I guess soggy or PVC but interested to corners responses as I'm looking for the same thing right now

3. I tend to grab my Prada nylon or faux leather when the weather is crap, but if I'm really determined on some other bag I'll spray it with Collonil and hope for the best.

4. Leather!

It's generally the most durable and rain spots tend to fade. There are leathers that spot but most are meant to be used. I would never buy a bag if I could not get stuck in a downpour in it.

5. Leather. Deerskin, preferably, as it can take getting wet with no issues whatsoever. I don't like 'public' polls so you'll get this as my response. :biggrin:

6. How about Dooney and Bourke's "All Weather Leather"?

7. ^^
    This was my first thought, also! Dooney is making some really pretty bags these days, the consensus seems to be that they are well-made, and you'd have absolutely no weather worries.

8. I've recently purchased my first patent bag and carried it in the middle of Hurricane Irene. My bag and I were absolutely soaked, but after a quick wipe down, the bag was perfect!

9. Where I live, it rains nonstop from October through May, and I use leather bags the whole time. I do religiously clean, condition, and treat my bags, but I've never noticed conspicuous spotting or anything.

10. bump

11. I third the Dooney All Weather leather bags. They have been doing it for years and have the expertise in the all weather leather.

http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=46477

Patent isn't always as easy as you think. It scratches, lighter colors can discolor/yellow and the luster can dull. Leather is easier to repair than patent.

12. I think if I'm going to purchase an all weather bag, I'd go for patent. I feel that leather would get damaged by the rain. PVC would often crack in the cold winter weathers...

13. I'm kind of torn between leather (of the non-delicate type, of course) and patent...but I ended up choosing patent.