Thoughts on Acne Jeans?

f3ist

Total Bag Newbie
Jul 23, 2012
Hey girlies,

I recently came across a pair of Acne jeans that caught my attention, the Flex S Wet Black in particular. I have never owned any Acne jeans before or any remotely designer jean (except for my Ted Baker Cubbas) so I'm not sure what the quality of Acne jeans are like. I'm hoping some of you could share your thoughts and experiences on this.

Thanks in advance! :biggrin:

Acne is great. I have a pair from a while ago that I should probably bring back into my denim rotation. Their other clothes are gorgeous too.

Honestly, if you're looking into buying designer denim, your best bet is to go to a luxury department store or specialized denim store and try on a bunch of different brands to see what works best for you.

James Jeans and Current Elliott work best on me, but that doesn't mean it'll look good on the next girl (visa versa).

I have a few pairs of Acne jeans: Flex, Hex and 2 Pops. I must say that their sizing is very strange. It depends on the material, so sizing could be different even within the same design. My 2 Pops fit differently even tho I bought both in size 34. Overall, other than the Pop, I would say that the brand fits really small, ESP the Hex. So, it would be best to try on the sizing in real life before buying. Quality-wise, I think they are pretty good. And I love the fact that they don't have ostentatious logos. It's just that, due to the sizing prob, some of those I have bought have been languishing in my closet. I prefer J Brand for sizing consistency and similar looks and quality.

I am a huge Acne jeans fan. I have several pairs (Hex, Hep) and I have worn them to death. Quality wise, they are sturdy and I have not had any issues with them. You must try them out first, the sizing can be tricky as posted above.

I have a few pairs of Acne jeans: Flex, Hex and 2 Pops. I must say that their sizing is very strange. It depends on the material, so sizing could be different even within the same design. My 2 Pops fit differently even tho I bought both in size 34. Overall, other than the Pop, I would say that the brand fits really small, ESP the Hex. So, it would be best to try on the sizing in real life before buying. Quality-wise, I think they are pretty good. And I love the fact that they don't have ostentatious logos. It's just that, due to the sizing prob, some of those I have bought have been languishing in my closet. I prefer J Brand for sizing consistency and similar looks and quality.

Ahh. Now I'm worried. I just ordered a pair of flex s wet blacks in 26 online... My jeans size varies a lot but I mostly wear a 25 or 26 in bdg and a 25 for Ted baker. But now knowing the sizings for acne jeans are troublesome, I'm worried I won't be able to fit them :/ additionally, I live in Asia so exchanging them will really be very troublesome.

Ahh. Now I'm worried. I just ordered a pair of flex s wet blacks in 26 online... My jeans size varies a lot but I mostly wear a 25 or 26 in bdg and a 25 for Ted baker. But now knowing the sizings for acne jeans are troublesome, I'm worried I won't be able to fit them :/ additionally, I live in Asia so exchanging them will really be very troublesome.

Flex is made of a more stretchable material so it fits more true to size than say, Hex. I'm usually size 26 in J Brand but size 27 would have fitted me better. I think size 26 may be ok for u. I know how annoying returns can be for us living in Asia. I hope yours fit!

I shop online about 80% of the time because of my location, and I feel for you! I really hope they work out but with jeans I also buy " just to try on." So to gauge how they run. It's good to hear JBrand consistently gets good marks. Rag & Bone skinnies were a surprise love for me this year. But I do luv JBrand.

Flex is made of a more stretchable material so it fits more true to size than say, Hex. I'm usually size 26 in J Brand but size 27 would have fitted me better. I think size 26 may be ok for u. I know how annoying returns can be for us living in Asia. I hope yours fit!

I ordered the flex s which is made from 93% Cotton 6% Polyester 1% Lycra so it has no stretch whatsoever :/ I just got them today and they fit, but on the tight side. I'm also not really loving the material at the moment because its a bit stiff and hard. I'm hoping after wash and wear it'll soften up! I'm just crossing my fingers that it won't shrink!!

I ordered the flex s which is made from 93% Cotton 6% Polyester 1% Lycra so it has no stretch whatsoever :/ I just got them today and they fit, but on the tight side. I'm also not really loving the material at the moment because its a bit stiff and hard. I'm hoping after wash and wear it'll soften up! I'm just crossing my fingers that it won't shrink!!

Hope yours keep their size! I have never had jeans shrink in the wash, probably cos my washing machine uses cold water. Incidentally I'm wearing my Kex today. You inspire me to wear my Acne jeans more often. I do agree that their material tends to be on the tougher side. I need to wear them more to see if they soften over time.