Thoughts of using Sapphire in the cold months?

bellevie0891

Sep 26, 2011
Title says it all... :P

I want to buy a Sutton. Loving the Sapphire but I want something I can use almost all year round. Plus my winter jacket is black... This summer Ive been wearing lots of corals and minty greens. Will it clash?

Thoughts? Should I just get black?

ubo22

Jan 14, 2011
USA
Sapphire looks great against black clothing, so will look great in the winter against your black coat. Surprisingly, I also think it looks great against other primary colors (counter-intuitive) like red and green. It's a great pop of color and could be carried all year round, just maybe not as an every day color. You should take a look at it against your summer clothing colors to make your final decision. I personally don't like black handbags in the summertime against lighter colored clothing. I think other colors work better in the summer.

Jul 23, 2006
I plan to carry mine during the winter months. I also carried my mandarin top zip last winter. I almost never carry black bags in the summer. I agree with ubo22 in that it often looks too harsh against summer clothing. However, it looks fantastic if you're actually wearing black...:P

TejasMama

O.G.
Mar 29, 2007
Sapphire is a gorgeous color and you can definitely carry it year round. Gorgeous with black and great pop of color in the summer months. Gorgeous!!!

bellevie0891

Sep 26, 2011
Can the medium sapphire be found any where? The large is a tad too big for my needs but I love the bag style and color!

mustangchick

Jun 6, 2014
I got the Jet Set Medium Tote in Sapphire and I love it, but I love that style bag. I've had a lot of compliments on it.