Thought's needed Please ;)

pebblelina

Nov 1, 2010
I quietly watch Vuitton's PurseForum. All of you know your LV's an that is why I am asking for some thought's.
I am a minimalist an only have one handbag, yes, you seen that right, one handbag ;). Lately I have been looking for another bag, just so I can have 2 handbags that I can switch once in awhile. I currently have all Azur pieces, the Salina PM an a few small items to go inside. I'm not quite sure what would be a good second bag, possible Artsy or Trivoli PM, monogram pattern is what I seem to be going for.
I keep going over this decision, sometimes thinking, do I really need a second bag? Should I just wait until my bag is completely worn out before purchasing again? Okay, so I'm really confused. Oh, an I am 55, yeah, hit the double nickel this year an not too happy about it. Thank you for reading an for your time.

I had the Tivoli PM and NEVER carried it. Out of a year's time I probably carried it 5-7 times. I finally sold it this August and got the Sully PM which is similar to the artsy in shoulder carry style. I love that bag. I actually look forward to carrying it. Tivoli is so beautiful though but just wasn't for me.

i think it would be really important for you to try these bags on in person if you can. both bags you mentioned are lovely , but it is important to find the right bag for you that will be comfortable for you to carry and practical for you to use. i love the artsy but the shoulder strap and drop are not for everyone. tivoli pm is a really nice bag but strictly handheld i think ( the gm will go on the shoulder) i have found over time that certain bags just work for me and others not so much. do you want a bag that would work in wet weather? then damier ebene would be a possibility. it sounds like you really want to go toward monogram and there are so many choices there as well. do you like to carry on the shoulder? crossbody? more handheld? would speedy bandouliere in monogram work for you? totally perhaps? maybe metis? i hope you get to really go try them on to see what is comfortable for you. have fun in your search and hope you find something you love. ps congrats on the double nickel, you are not alone up there in those numbers. some of us are right up there with you!

Thank you sooo much for such quick replys ;)
I was also thinking the ebene pattern, as I live in Michigan, an for whatever reason it wants to give us lotza blizzards in the winter. And I do spend a lot of time falling on the snow an ice. Thank goodness I'm still flexable, so far anyways. I do like all carrying styles, hand, shoulder an cross body. But I'm thinking the shoulder is my favorite. Ebene probably would be my best choice, but don't they split, crack an peel? That part kinda scares me. Thanks again for reading ;)

The Artsy and Tivoli are 2 beautiful bags that are not for everybody. Those 2 really need to be tried on IMO. I would probably pick Artsy though. In DE Portobello is a great choice. I live in MI too but am only 45 mins from LV. Just remember that you can always return if you need to! Make sure that YOU love it:smile:

speedy bandouliere in damier ebene? i love mine. the neverfull has been more prone to cracking on the straps in the damier ebene. at least when you order online you get free shipping and free return shipping. that's helpful because shipping/insurance gets pricey so online would probably be your best bet if you can't get to the store. best of luck! ps i agree with above poster that for crossbody bloomsbury is a very practical bag.

Love the Artsy! If DE I agree with Portobello! Pop in a boutique if you can and try on several bags and like DOVELV said make sure you love it! Two nickels is a great age!

Be Blessed MoNikki

I have the tivoli in pm and GM. I have been eying the artsy for quite sometime now. I do find that i use my GM more than the pm and will probably sell the pm since it's rather small since i like to lug around everything and my kitchen sink hahaha

The only thing I'd suggest is you try me both on and see how you like the fit and consider that one has zippers and the other doesn't (unless I'm wrong and the artsy does in fact have zipper?)