Thoughts for Coco Handle and service from NM

REAHKHAYE

O.G.
Feb 25, 2010
Hello and happy weekend everyone!

I was very ecstatic to finally have my hands on this coco handle...its been many months worth of drooling and admiring everyone's coco handle.

However, I have a lot of second thoughts on this particular item and leaning towards of returning.
Although I initially thought I should have this, I'm feeling different.

I have always purchased my items at the boutique and had no issues.

But this time around I had a very odd experience with how this coco handle was delivered to me from NM (I have bought all my slgs and footwears and no issues).

It all started with finding out 3 days later my SA ordered for me, without notifying me.
I was on the waiting list and I remember putting my card on file from what I understood months ago is that I will get some notification once they have it/should other folks on the list decline.

Concern #1, I did not receive any call/text, Although the receipt was emailed to me when it was ordered, I did not discover that my card was charged, since silly me do not check my spam folder. Plus My bank also had been trying to reach me to ensure i authorized the charge, which I have been declining CZ I thought it was some kind of telemarketers lol.

Concern #2 once the handbag arrived at the store, I did not get another call/notification so I had to call to find out. I was then told it arrived already...okay thanks so much for the update right.

Concern #3, upon bringing my newly Chanel item at home, I noticed something off already, the left side of the box was somehow off/broken, it kept being pushed inwards.

Concern #4 :
The handbag didn't come with a felt cloth

Concern #5:
the handle is a little off, I have to pushed it a little backwards to make it in straight angle

Concern #6:
Tag was halfway cutoff not sure why....but my gut feeling tells me that I paid for a display stock or better yet a returned bag (like a gift to someone and they didnt like it or something).
marks i noticed see attached...also does this handbag show so much crease when opened all the way?
I was not informed of any kind, besides that they found this at another store for me.

Concern #7
If I did get a returned bag I hope this is not fake. The reason for this is when I picked this up, there was a couple who returned a Gabrille bag without the dustbag and box. I so did not realize how lenient NM is with returns. I thought they would be so strict and take their time to check if an item is authentic. I'm so paranoid now especially I've read about superfakes.

Usually once I buy something new at Chanel boutique, it takes me few hours to the next day to use it already. I've had this handle for almost a week now and it's just been sitting in my closet. I'm giving myself 1 more week to think about this, in case I change my mind and decide to keep it.

Although I appreciate the time and effort my sa did in finding this handbag, I do feel somewhat bad once I return it. Also idk whether to even blame my sa, but my understanding is that this was ordered from another store and was packaged by another SA.

I am surprisingly not happy with this purchase, I really thought this was something I wanted. I still am sure that I want the coco handle...i like the smooth feeling of the snake skin handle, but I also do not like the color, it looks very beautiful in the pictures but in person, I am not fond of.

But would like your thoughts and recommendations.....

Idk am i being too picky?
Was the process/delivery turned me off?
What is the normal/usual process when one put themselves on NM waitlist? Was I supposed to received a notification?
Should I stick with the snakeskin handle or are the regular or lizard better?

I really appreciate everyone's thoughts and time in reading my thread :smile: and :confused1:.

Attachments

• 20181115_120634.jpg
    20181115_120634.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 707
  • 20181115_120623.jpg
    20181115_120623.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 706
  • 20181116_145415.jpg
    20181116_145415.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 705
  • 20181115_121752.jpg
    20181115_121752.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 707
  • 20181115_120540.jpg
    20181115_120540.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 718
  • 20181115_205347.jpg
    20181115_205347.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 712
  • 20181115_120421.jpg
    20181115_120421.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 711
Last edited:
I think you are being really picky and trying to find a reason to return it. Concerns like #1,2,3... are just silly. You ask to be on the waitlist and you were lucky you even got one! Your SA was kind enough to track one down for you. Many SAs will not bother and only sell what is in their stock.

I think the fact you don’t like the color is the real problem. You just don’t like the bag and are trying to make more reasons why you should return it.

So... return it.

For me, I love the Coco Handle and have two. I’m waiting for more colors to come out as I think it’s the perfect balance of a elegant bag that can also be worn crossbody casual. I bought both my Coco Handles from NM by the way.

Good luck to you!

I don’t think you’re being too picky...I wouldn’t want my credit card charged without prior notice! What if you had changed your mind or gotten it elsewhere.
So I can see why the bag has put a bad taste in your mouth...the whole experience hasn’t been the best. Now in order to make up for it, it has to be a bag that you take out of the box and you’re wowed by.
And it sounds like you aren’t.
I think you’re smart taking your time to contemplate whether you want to return or not. I love this color of handle and think it’s a wow bag, but if you’re not feeling it, you’re not feeling it![emoji173]️

I was very ecstatic to finally have my hands on this coco handle...its been many months worth of drooling and admiring everyone's coco handle.

However, I have a lot of second thoughts on this particular item and leaning towards of returning.

But this time around I had a very odd experience with how this coco handle was delivered to me from NM (I have bought all my slgs and footwears and no issues).

It all started with finding out 3 days later my SA ordered for me, without notifying me.
I was on the waiting list and I remember putting my card on file from what I understood months ago is that I will get some notification once they have it/should other folks on the list decline.

Concern #1, I did not receive any call/text, Although the receipt was emailed to me when it was ordered, I did not discover that my card was charged, since silly me do not check my spam folder. Plus My bank also had been trying to reach me to ensure i authorized the charge, which I have been declining CZ I thought it was some kind of telemarketers lol.

Concern #2 once the handbag arrived at the store, I did not get another call/notification so I had to call to find out. I was then told it arrived already...okay thanks so much for the update right.

Concern #3, upon bringing my newly Chanel item at home, I noticed something off already, the left side of the box was somehow off/broken, it kept being pushed inwards.

Concern #4 :

Concern #5:
the handle is a little off, I have to pushed it a little backwards to make it in straight angle

Concern #6:
Tag was halfway cutoff not sure why....but my gut feeling tells me that I paid for a display stock or better yet a returned bag (like a gift to someone and they didnt like it or something).
marks i noticed see attached...also does this handbag show so much crease when opened all the way?
I was not informed of any kind, besides that they found this at another store for me.

Concern #7
If I did get a returned bag I hope this is not fake. The reason for this is when I picked this up, there was a couple who returned a Gabrille bag without the dustbag and box. I so did not realize how lenient NM is with returns. I thought they would be so strict and take their time to check if an item is authentic. I'm so paranoid now especially I've read about superfakes.

Usually once I buy something new at Chanel boutique, it takes me few hours to the next day to use it already. I've had this handle for almost a week now and it's just been sitting in my closet. I'm giving myself 1 more week to think about this, in case I change my mind and decide to keep it.

Although I appreciate the time and effort my sa did in finding this handbag, I do feel somewhat bad once I return it. Also idk whether to even blame my sa, but my understanding is that this was ordered from another store and was packaged by another SA.

I am surprisingly not happy with this purchase, I really thought this was something I wanted. I still am sure that I want the coco handle...i like the smooth feeling of the snake skin handle, but I also do not like the color, it looks very beautiful in the pictures but in person, I am not fond of.

What is the normal/usual process when one put themselves on NM waitlist? Was I supposed to received a notification?

I really appreciate everyone's thoughts and time in reading my thread :smile: and :confused1:.

I think you are being too picky maybe looking for a reason to reurn it.I am sure they will glady accept your return with so many people wanting this bag it can go to someone else.

Concern #4 :

Concern #5:

Concern #6:

Concern #7

I was on a waitlist at Bloomies, my SA texted and did not just order the bag. That’s a bit crazy IMO. What if you already had gotten it elsewhere by then?!
I had an incident where I’m pretty sure I bought a return, because there was no dust bag. All you do is email or call and they send you whatever was missing. (Was a limited edition you never see so no concern about fake)
If you don’t love it, especially for that price tag, return it.

I think the crooked handle warrants a return due to quality/handling defect. You not liking the color is another good reason for return.

The other reasons though (dented box, cut tag, no notification before charging, lack of felt), it’s bad service on the part of your SA and you should let her know this is not acceptable and she should fix it, even if you keep the bag. But to me, those reasons isn’t the fault of the bag itself, so if there wasn’t a problem with the bag handle or the color, i’d say call your SA to have her give you new box and felt.

In this situation though, I think it’s best you simply return. Just because you wanted it for a long time doesn’t mean you MUST take the first piece offered to you.

Reactions: REAHKHAYE and eckw
That's bad service of SA and It's not your fault this case if you return it. Your SA in NM has unprofessional action and lack of care. I would get so disappointed myself too by that service and It is not acceptable to me by charging on my account without notification. I always get text or call first once my waitlisted items arrived at store or even transferred from another store, I get notification by text or call first, each times of my purchase.
I also agree with above members thoughts ---What if you already had gotten it elsewhere by then. Exactly. You have been waiting for long and who knows if already got from other store with better service and that is also totally ok as a customer and your choice.
You are not picky at all --- Who could says that mean things if same things happened on themselves. No worries, You can simply return it and you should not feel guilty at all for this case. I suggest to find better SAs. You should have excitement when purchase, not disappointment with bad SA's manner like that.
I hope you can find new one and pleasant experience soon. Goodluck!

Last edited:
I personally don’t think there’s any problem with my credit card being charged. In my mind that is the reason I left my credit card. I mean, if they have to call me and ask me permission to charge it, why wouldn’t I just give it to them at that point, instead of prior? My understanding is they ask for the credit card so they hold the merchandise for you (because it could be sold to someone else).

My SA at Houston Galleria, did that for a mini. I was in the OR and could not answer her text. So she charged my card. When I was able to, I replied to her that I had bought the bag in Paris. She then processed a refund. If anything, it was my fault because I was supposed to notify her to take me off the list, and I forgot!

So that for me, is nothing.

I think you’ve listed many reasons why you aren’t happy with the purchase. When it’s something of that magnitude, you only need 1! And it could be as simple as “I changed my mind” You should definitely return this purchase for your peace of mind!

Reactions: REAHKHAYE