Thoughts for a 60 year old?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Not sure if this is age appropriate for my mom. The shoulder strap is long (down to your waist)

Thoughts? Is it more for younger women?

image-742961726.jpg
  2. I think it's a beautiful bag and can suit a woman at any age, as long as the style is for her (i.e. loves a short handle and long strap) and she has the wardrobe that compliments the bag. Don't get me wrong, I definitely feel there are some bags which are for younger women, particularly from Juicy Couture range for instance, but this bag or style isn't one of them.

3. I also think that it can suit a women at any age:smile: It's a lovely bag!

4. imho, i think this bag suits any age. this is a classic looking bag and can definitely work for your mom. it's a beautiful neutral color too.

5. I agree with everyone else. I think it is a classic bag no matter the age. Is it a gift? If so, that is an amazing present!

6. Yes. For her birthday :smile: thanks everyone! I still have some thinking to do. She doesn't have any bags with a long drop like this one. I wish the stap was a bit shorter. It's almost cross body length.

Shavi likes this.
  7. Oh, I think its very classy, and for anyone of any age. Its the same style and size I would buy for my mum and she is in her 60's. Good luck with your decision. :smile:

8. I am 50, so maybe I can help a tiny bit.
    I like the bag but the strap is a no-go for me. It isn't my age, thought. It's that I just don't care for long straps. They are hard to deal with.
    May I suggest the Tribecca in Light Tobaco instead of the Whitney? It has longer handles (shoulder style) and no long strap. Otherwise it is the same bag.

The style of the bag, though, is for any age. Promise.

9. Hmmm thanks for your response !! You're right, it has nothing to do with age, and just preference. I think my mom is more of a comfortable shoulder bag person, and this seems either handheld or cross body. The reason why I grabbed it was it was only $500 at Bloomingdales, which is a great deal since it retails for almost 1300

10. Thank you!!

11. You are a very sweet daughter! I think it is appropriate. Their are certain brands as mentioned above that are for certain age groups. I think a lot of the bags in the MJ collection are very versatile for age.

Wow, you got a deal!

12. Thanks! I'm a guy though lol! I'm Also in NYC and born in 89 though! Haha too funny

13. Wow! Can you say "child of the year" award?! I think it is a beautiful bag and so so sweet that you thought of your mom! Can't wait to hear how she likes it! Maybe she'll be a new MJ forum member?!

14. Hah this will be her first MJ. I will let you know if she keeps it and thank you for your kind words!