Thought on searching for B-bags holy grails, etc. ......

At the barneys store, my SA told me that they are really pushing the GH bags, they get alot fewer pieces with RH.

^^Yes, When I called asking for REGULAR HARDWARE items - they would tell me:

* "sorry we're already sold out". Quickly followed with:

* "but we do have that in GH..which is really wonderful, etc. etc. etc."

Even when it was done nicely it kind of bugged me since I specifically said I was looking to BUY RH items. Oh well, I guess they're just trying to move stock.

I DO wonder if Balenciaga will take note of the quick pace of the sale of their reg. hardware items vs. (what seemed to be by my phone calls) ; the tons of GH bags they still have??

I shudder to think if they got rid of RH what that would do to the price of the bags and accessories from the last 7 years. I'm already paying retail or above for past issue items 1/2 the time! Let's hope it doesn't come to that!

I just wanted to add it has nothing to do with price for me. If RH was more expensive then GH, I'd still be buying RH. I wish the folks at Balenciaga realize that. (that there are others of us out there!)

I'm a big GH fan but I still would go for RH in some of the colors. I don't think they're slowly removing the RH hardware...I think it's just because the RH (especially the accessories) are just slowly trickling in. Unlike the GH which were in store a few weeks ago.;)

I got myself a EB RH coin and waiting for it to be shipped to me. I'm still debating whether I want the EB SGH coin instead. Some colors do look better in GH, IMHO. But the RH will always be a classic:okay:

I'm still a die-hard RH fan... I've considered GH on some bags, but partly for this reason: it seems to me that often Balenciaga will use better leather on the GH bags. I may be nuts thinking this - or maybe the glitz of GH just makes everything look a tad better - but it seems that the leather quality, or saturation of color, is different. Plomb leather, for example, was fluffy and pillowy on a lot of GSH bags; same with Tomato. On RH bags, Plomb was gorgeous as well but more even, smoother, less fluffy. S/S 07 Aquamarine color had a distinctly different shade to it with GGH. Another PFer pointed this out back in the day and I thought she was nuts, until someone posted photos of a side-by-side comparison. So, IMO, one way for Bal to push GH is to use better leather on GH bags.

The other thing that occurred to me is now that there are so many more bags produced (now sold in many more places than a few years back, and each style being available in 3 different hardware options), the number of each particular style produced (RH coin purses, for example) is smaller. Maybe this is Balenciaga's way of making each particular piece more sought-after and collectible like it was back in the day, now that it's so mass-produced.

^Good points slinks! I agree with your assessment and sure hope that RH bags will be available in the future. It's difficult here as well to get RH bags and GH bags are also pushed on customers. I always tell the designer boutique's SA where i buy my stuff that I'd like x in RH and would they please order more RH.
On the day I love SGH though, just not so much on the city and work, too blingy for me personally.

I just wanted to add it has nothing to do with price for me. If RH was more expensive then GH, I'd still be buying RH. I wish the folks at Balenciaga realize that. (that there are others of us out there!)

Ooooo don't go giving them ideas!!!

I am a RH gal also - just never going to buy the GH for myself. I also don't like the sound of GH dyed to match the bag color.

I think they are just really pushing the GH and what little RH they have just flies out the door. Maybe there will be more RH in the next wave of stock??? (fingers crossed)

Do you think it has something to do with the price? I personally love the GH, but sometimes don't want to pay that extra mony for it. I usually just get bag and accessories in RH. And they look great, too!

I was just going to make a thread about this myself!!! I noticed in the "photos wearing your bbag" thread that many of the recent postings have been RHs .. my only bbag that I have left now is RH and I dont think I will be buying GHs other than the ones I sold .. I dont knwo why .. I love teh look of the GH on the PTs and works but I love the slouchiness that the bal leather was made for and the GH just doenst get that slouchy even with extended use .. maybe that is why?