Thought I'd never utter these words...

vhdos

May 18, 2007
...but I'm actually thinking about getting a pair of Uggs. They have never appealed to me, but I'm thinking about them from a practical standpoint. I'm going to be outside more this winter (NC winters, so not super-cold) and I'm going to need something comfortable and warm. So, Ugg wearers, are they comfortable, durable, warm?
The biggest drawback is that I would prefer a warm boot with a small wedge heel. I would welcome any other suggestions if anyone has any?

they are extremely comfortable, durable and warm. i try to avoid wearing them because i don't think they are the most attractive shoes i own, but when it does get very cold (30 degrees and below for me), i am sooooooo glad i own them.

ps i got them from nordstrom's, there was a tear in the boot (at the seam) within two months of wearing them, and they replaced them immediately no questions asked. :smile:

Resist!

I wear a pair of DKNY boots in wet weather in the NW and cold, snowy weather in the midwest. They've held up for 2 years in these seasons and I get tons of compliments since they are more stylish than the typical run around boot and they have great rubber soles.

...but I'm actually thinking about getting a pair of Uggs. They have never appealed to me, but I'm thinking about them from a practical standpoint. I'm going to be outside more this winter (NC winters, so not super-cold) and I'm going to need something comfortable and warm. So, Ugg wearers, are they comfortable, durable, warm?
The biggest drawback is that I would prefer a warm boot with a small wedge heel. I would welcome any other suggestions if anyone has any?

Yes, yes and yes...:tup:;)

I would not get the original short/tall boots and I have them. They are not rainproof and are almost too hot? Plus they are extremely wide and it is a nightmare to stop socks going under your foot unless you wear kneehighs. They're great for sitting around the house though :biggrin:

The UGG wedges posted above on the otherhand...lovely!

My favourite casual winter boots are Snowjoggers. So, so comfortable and weatherproof!

Thanks everyone for your responses so far and thank you for the links sneezz:smile:
I really want a decent-looking pair of boots that are also warm. I typically don't have to deal with things like snow or ice, but it does happen on rare occasions. Maybe I will just go into my local Nordstrom and see what's available. I know that they have several Uggs, but I've never paid any attention to them. I have small (size 35), narrow feet, so I'm wondering if I may have issues with fit?

uggs are good for the cold DRY weather...in snow, they're not so good and get soaked so i just wear really warm socks and my burberry rainboots which hold up okay for baltimore winters (and blizzards)

Yes to all three. Uggs are great for practical use. I have had mine for, wait for it, SEVEN YEARS. I have had them cleaned and they are still as good as new, even though they get pretty heavy snow wear during the winters. One thing to note if you are looking for some really practical cold weather boots even in snowy/wet weather is the sole. There are at at least two general kinds. The thinner, less tractioned kind is probably not good for wet weather. The thicker, more tractioned kind is what I have and I have worn them in rain, sleet, hail, snow, and ice with no problems.

Thanks everyone for your responses so far and thank you for the links sneezz:smile:
I really want a decent-looking pair of boots that are also warm. I typically don't have to deal with things like snow or ice, but it does happen on rare occasions. Maybe I will just go into my local Nordstrom and see what's available. I know that they have several Uggs, but I've never paid any attention to them. I have small (size 35), narrow feet, so I'm wondering if I may have issues with fit?

I hate to be obvious but you can get away with kids' UGGS - and save serious $$

I've tried an older style of wedge Ugg like the first pair I posted and they fit tts. I am also a size 35. I saw a pair on the Nordies sake rack last weekend in size 5, chestnut color I believe. I definitely recommend you trying them on to see if you like them IRL. The PG ones you posted are cute too but idk about fit on those.