Thought I purchased a preloved Jumbo flap but turned out to be a Maxi flap. Keep it??

luv2run41

May 30, 2012
Here is the situation:smile: I purchased a preloved "jumbo" lambskin flap but when I had it authenticated they informed me it was a Maxi flap. I kind of thought it seemed very large when it arrived and I tried it on. It wasn't until I measured it I kind of knew it must be a maxi then I received the authentication email stating it was a maxi and not a jumbo. The bag is in beautiful condition and a good price, I just don't know what to do. A jumbo is large enough but the maxi is even larger. I am 5 ft 2 and 115. The thing I like about the maxi compared to the jumbo is the length of the chain seems shorter and if worn cross body it actually falls close to where I would want it.

I don't know what to do. Does anyone (a fellow short person) have a maxi flap? Should I sell it, keep it or return it? The seller has been wonderful, a complete sweetheart. I feel it might look funny on me? Thank you for your help and opinions. I am not sure what to do.:smile:

Can you post some modeling pics so we can see? I've never tried on a maxi before myself but I always thought it might be too big. But it really depends on how it looks on you and if you're comfortable with it.

Reactions: jan70
Can you post some modeling pics so we can see? I've never tried on a maxi before myself but I always thought it might be too big. But it really depends on how it looks on you and if you're comfortable with it.

Please excuse my unmade bed and sweats! It is only mid 60's in upstate NY and I felt lazy today:smile:
IMG_0641_zpse15f4a56.jpg

IMG_0642_zpsaca6cf8b.jpg

IMG_0519_zpsa17c2dcd.jpg

PPHOTO BELOW IS COMPARED to my petite classic lambskin flap. Maybe because I am used to a smaller chanel the maxi looks huge.

IMG_0643_zpsa8d556d7.jpg

To be honest, to me it does look pretty huge. But I think you can still pull it off. If you like bigger bags and don't mind the weight of it, I'd say keep it! It looks like it's in great condition. And the size looks big but still good on you.