Thought I purchased a preloved Jumbo flap but turned out to be a Maxi flap. Keep it??

I think I'm in the minority but I think it looks too big for your frame. I think jumbo would be perfect on you :smile:

I agree with this - it is so huge! Unless you can use it then I would return and it get the Jumbo. At least you can take the Jumbo out to dinner and such, the Maxi would be too big for the knee under the table :graucho:

It looks a little big on you but you can still wear it as an everyday bag. I'm around your size (5'3, 105lbs). I used to thought jumbo was big on me but love it after I got it. I think jumbo is perfect for our size. I do like the length of the chain on the maxi. If the maxi is not too heavy and you want to use it as an everyday bag, then go for it. It's still a huge investment so make sure you like it. Good luck deciding!

Wow you must have gotten a real good deal! May i ask how much you payed? Im super happy for you!! Looks a tad big but who cares!!! It looks amazing and in excellent condition :smile: i think you will also want a jumbo eventually so just keep buildig your collection

I think it looks great, and probably will look much better with jeans/slacks and a different top. I say keep it. You got lucky!!

It is 55 here today! No kidding, where did summer go:sad: I am wearing my moto today so I thought I would add some mods with jeans on:smile:
IMG_0666_zps70655936.jpg

IMG_0661_zps0528c7ab.jpg

IMG_0664_zps62efbcb5.jpg

IMG_0669_zps6375a12e.jpg

IMG_0658_zpsf045c232.jpg

Reactions: fcmilliner2031
After seeing your pictures, I think the reason ppl think your bag looks too big is b/c the maxi size bag was never intended to be a crossbody bag, so viewing the bag in front of you as any crossbody bag would sit makes the bag look too big, but it's really simply too big to be a front wearing cross body bag. If you double strap the maxi and put it under your arm as intended, it looks great.

Here is the situation:smile: I purchased a preloved "jumbo" lambskin flap but when I had it authenticated they informed me it was a Maxi flap. I kind of thought it seemed very large when it arrived and I tried it on. It wasn't until I measured it I kind of knew it must be a maxi then I received the authentication email stating it was a maxi and not a jumbo. The bag is in beautiful condition and a good price, I just don't know what to do. A jumbo is large enough but the maxi is even larger. I am 5 ft 2 and 115. The thing I like about the maxi compared to the jumbo is the length of the chain seems shorter and if worn cross body it actually falls close to where I would want it.

I don't know what to do. Does anyone (a fellow short person) have a maxi flap? Should I sell it, keep it or return it? The seller has been wonderful, a complete sweetheart. I feel it might look funny on me? Thank you for your help and opinions. I am not sure what to do.:smile:

:smile: Well, that's a blessing in disguise! At price point, you got more bag for your buck!

In seriousness though, I guess the impt question is, *before* you got it authenticated, did you like it? Is it just the fact that it is a "maxi" that bothers you, or did you feel like it was too big *before* you realized it was a maxi?

Because, a Rose is a Rose... by any other name...