Those who tried on/have Zoe & Carly.

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
?

Zoe vs. Carly.

1. Zoe is definitely my pick!

2. Carly is and always will be my favorite!

3. They are about the same in my book. :)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. What is your opinion on which one is the better? Comfort/looks/style/'ease of use'/etc.. ^^;

In my opinion.. I think the Zoe is a bit better than the Carly. As the Zoe doesn't have the movable strap like the Carly, so it doesn't slip around. The Zoe is a bit structured more so it's not as "smooshy" as Carly so it's easier for me to get things in and out of.. ^^;

What is everyone else's opinion? :smile:

2. I like the Zoe better - the strap seems to fit on my shoulder better and I like the styling on it too - I only tried on the leather ones though.

3. WOW, this is a tough one. Overall, I was always a Carly fan in terms of style. I just never bought one till recently, and I bought a large leather at the outlet. I LOVE it, and I have no problems with the strap slipping (even though I have narrow shoulders). I really don't like the medium size at all, though, and that includes the Zoe.

I've really become a fan of Zoe, though! I think I prefer the way this bag slouches and lays on the shoulder. I think it looks a bit nicer overall, and I think it's a friendly style for everyone! However, that said, I do not like the signature versions of this bag AT ALL... The Carly sig I actually like, but for some reason I can't stand the sig Zoes. I'm not sure why, but that's my own personal taste.

So, if I were buying leather, right now the chocolate Zoe really has my attention. I LOVE the leather on that bag, and it looks fab on. I also like the bronze, but I have seen a display bag with wear issues where it was sitting on the shelf, so I know that smooth metallic is not going to last long.

For sig, I would definitely purchase a Carly, I almost did get the turq. trimmed sig bag at the outlet last time, but I always end up purchasing leather.

As for getting stuff in and out, I'm not sure I notice much of a difference between the bags. In general, I admit I find zippered hobos annoying, and "black holes" at times. But I am comfortable with both the large Zoe and Carly. It's a really tough decision, but side by side, I would probably choose a leather Zoe at this point..just because it's new and I don't have one yet!

4. I have a medium black Carly leather. I love her! I have no issue with the strap slipping and I have really small shoulders.

I looked at the Zoes that had just come in when I used my PCE to buy Carly last week, and they just didn't look as well made. I do agree with Baglady that the chocolate leather is dreamy.

I wonder how many people really would pick Zoe over Carly if not for the novelty factor with Zoe being the new girl.

I like the Zoe and am still considering either the red patent or the brown leather, but I think the bag still looks a little blah compared to Carly.

5. I have the both styles (in leather) and I have to say that the Zoe has a slight edge over the Carly. I agree with Suzzeee that the strap is a bit more comfortable and to me, the rounded edges give the bag a softer look.

6. IMHO, I have them both and I love them both! I think they both are really comfortable on the shoulder and are just great everyday bags! I'm glad I have both styles!

7. As a proud owner of both bags in the large black leather, I would have to say that I find the zoe alittle bit better than carly. As inspiredgem said, the rounded edges give it a softer look and its not as big as the carly. Its also easier to get into because its not as tall. I love the new hardware on the zoe compared to the carly. IMO the zoe has an edge over the carly.

8. I am so in love with my Zoe. I have the denim sig. in the Zoe and it is my favorite bag. I use to have the Carly but with all the issues with the fraying and such, I sold her. I love that on the Zoe the bottom is curved and it actually feels roomier to me. I get complaints on it where ever I go. And also I love the color of the interior of the Zoe.

I too normally don't care for zipper hobos but with this one the zipper doesn't get in the way at all. I normally don't zip it up but it is nice to have that option now.

Zoe!!

9. Carly has more style! the only thing I like more about Zoe is the zippered pockets on both sides.

10. I have had both and while I have always loved the Carly, Zoe gets my vote. :tup: I like Zoe because I think they took the Carly and made it better.. I love that it won't fray at the top, I like the rounded edges (looks and fraying) and I love that it still slouches, is a nice sized bag but to me is MUCH more manageable than the Carly.. also the strap is better. :okay:

11. I like the strap on the Zoe better. I like its roundness and its lining. I like the hardware on the Carly better, but I like the Zoe's a lot too. This is also a small thing, but I prefer the zipper pull on the Carly better; it's a loop of leather as opposed to the Zoe's, like, strands of leather hanging around. I like that the Zoe won't fray. And I like the leather Zoe better than the leather Carly because it looks less plain than the Carly. I just hope the Zoe, in time, will come out in more colors.

I didn't think that I was going to like the Zoe as much as I do. It's not just because it's "the new girl" it's because the Zoe is just overall superior, it would seem. :yes:

12. I like the Carly because she sits up by her self- The Zoe looks plain and cheaper to me, I never had a problem with slippage or fraying with my carly! I love the Carly slouch also.

13. I have the black sig large carly and on Saturday got the large sig zoe. At lunch today I sent the zoe back as the shoulder strap just felt a bit shorter than the carly and I was afraid that would bug me. I really like carly and I do like the zoe I just thought for $400 I ought to do a little more than just like it;)