Those who have special ordered ~ Do you still love it OR regret it??

Luva Pug

In a H dream...
O.G.
Dec 26, 2006
Ok, so i have been thinking for a few months now to SO something.
Nothing recently has caught my eye but i can't get this one SO out of my head!:upsidedown:

So I was wondering, was your SO worth it, do you still love it?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated, my SO would be over £1000/ $2000 so i need to make sure it is the right thing to do!!:girlsigh:

lol, I've never SO'd, but I've purchased 2 SO's off of ebay (Damier Cabas Piano & Damier Cabas Mezzo) and sold both of them within a month of receiving them. I guess the style just wasn't for me...however, if I ever wanted something bad enough to SO it and wait half a year for it, it would be with me for life!

If you really want it, go for it!

I'm curious...how do you actually go about special ordering a bag from LV?

Just ask an SA at the LV store. Not all bags can be special ordered - the SA can find out for you. Example: You can't order any bags in Multicolore. If the bag can be special ordered, then you have to put down a 50% deposit and it can take up to 6 months or so for the bag to be delivered.

I special ordered a Damier Speedy 25 in 2004. Later, I wish I had ordered a Damier Speedy 30 since the 25 size was too small for my needs. And then, ironically, LV decided to make the Damier Speedy part of the regular line in 2006 and it was a bit cheaper than my special order price!! Aargh!!! I later bought the Damier Speedy 30 in 2006 and sold my special order Damier Speedy 25.

I would love to have a Damier Cabas Mezzo or Damier Deauville but I have a Mono versions of both of these bags already.

I LUV my special orders......I had to resport to special orders as I was a Damier fan from day one, I can remember begging them to do a keepall for me...and 3 years later they added one to the regular collection, I am currently harrassing them for EPI belts in red,....so watch almost anytime I request a special order and they say no it appears in the regular collection