Those Three Ugly Words

My friends have their own collection of nice things, so maybe they don't feel the need to ask?? Although, I think the unsaid mentality amongst us friends is, "I don't borrow your stuff, you don't borrow mine.." hehehe...

when it comes to LV, sorry the answer will forever be "no." i care too much about these bags to let someone borrow it and run the risk of staining, ripping, losing, getting stolen...they're worth a lot of money. it's like entrusting someone with $800+ of your own money. friends/mom :lol: would just have to understand that.

I would totally say no but, if it was someone that I could trust...maybe...

My usual motto is never lend anything you're not prepared to lose. People's version of what constitutes damage, normal wear and tear etc. varies too greatly.

No good can come of lending IMO.

Just say, "sorry, I really depend on this bag, I use it every day!" or something like that. It seems pretty forward and personal to ask to borrow someone's designer handbag to me!

Lol, as far as clothes and stuff I loan out things I don't really care about. But if it's something really important to me I'll just say either "Are you willing to buy me another one if something happens to it?" or "If something were to happen to it I can't replace it.". But my LV's!!!! Those who know me well enough to feel comfortable asking to borrow a bag, know me well enough not to ask!!! I have one friend I'd feel comfortable letting use a bag, because she's as anal and protective as I am. She'll stalk you non-stop just to pay back the $1 she borrowed for the vending machine. But her only.

One time I asked a friend to hold my purse for a sec...it wasn't LV. When I looked over she had it on her lap with the crook of her arm through the handles. But she was leaning forward so she was smashing it!! I ran over screaming "You're smashing it!" and snatched it away so fast.....it was completely instinctive. Everyone started laughing....so I held it like a baby being consoled and said, "It's ok, shhhh it's ok, Mommy's here now." I think that got the message across.

I know exactly what you mean although I was never asked!
I tell my 4 yo daughter to always express herself with words, ex. to say she's not ready to share a certain toy OR that her Teddy is too 'precious' for her to lend.

I think I would follow my own advice, when asked for an LV (unless it was my mom).

If I'm going to let someone borrow whatever from me and then feel unhappy about the situation then I think it's not worth it... kwim?

No one other than my mom has ever asked me to borrow my purses. They know I love them and am super careful with them so I probably don't want others touching them. In the end, I gave my mom the purse that she asked to borrow. It's her's now. I don't see what's ugly about "May I borrow" though...if it's asked nicely, what's wrong with asking? :shrugs:

i've told my friends no sooo many times they don't even ask anymore, that goes for clothes as well. they don't take it personal because they know me as that kind of person. i do however give out things i don't want anymore and every once in a while my friend says something like "your not through with that bag yet, i'm still waiting for you to hand it over". i just laugh it off

I to am fanatical about my bags to ever let any of them out of my sight. Hell would freeze over before I would ever let anyone touch my stuff LOL!! And I would never ask anyone if I could borrow either, I would just buy my own if I loved it that much.

I would just say Nah I never loan my stuff out, sorry, and then change the subject SUPER fast!

If someone returned my property damaged then they would have to buy me a new one or else! LOL

I always say "NO, I don't lend my things out!" lol...my friends know better than to ask anyways! I feel the same way i spend way too much money on my things for someone to ruin it! Plus my clothes usually fit like second skin so I don't want anyone to stretch it out!

You shouldn't feel uncomfortable its your things and why should you have to lend it out?