Those Of You Using Tabbed Browsers

caxe

-+-+-+-+-+-
O.G.
Mar 31, 2007
What's usually the maximum number of tabs that you have open?

Sometimes I just don't want to close out tabs, or type a new web address in an existing window, so I'll just add another tab. OR if a site opens up links in new tabs, like tPF does, I'll just leave them up...you know, just in case. I do bookmark sites as well, but I have about 400 bookmarks, so it's a pain to scroll through them all the time.

I just counted, though, and I have 29 tabs. And I like using Firefox because they'll save all your tabs from the previous session.

Is this too unusual?

ha ha! I just got done tabbing as much as possible.

I dont know how much there were, but there was a flashing arrow for the next batch of tabs. hope that helps

I also keep tabs open. first tab will be tpf, second and third a couple of stores, fourth maybe another blog..and so forth.

I tend to only peruse a couple sites, so I have at most 5 tabs, but for bookmarks, I have (with DH) about 500 (mostly DH). We have them organized though so I can always find what I want pretty quickly. It drives me NUTS however when DH has a gazillion tabs open on the laptop. We haven't divided it by user, so I open a new window, but I always wonder, WHY does he need to 'see' so much at one time.

Right now, for instance, I have TPF on a tab, my yahoo email, Baltimore CL and Washington DC CL and sometimes I'll have a google or yahoo tab for searching things too.

I always have atleast 3 or 4 tabs open. Usually its around 6 guess, sometimes more but once I see the arrow I feel like I have too many tabs open and close a few that I dont need. I find that if I have a lot of tabs open my laptop is more likely to freeze up or hang.

Oh, tabs, how do I love thee.

Right now I have 22 open. I usually open up pages to look at later (near future, so I don't have to dig through bookmarks). I'd say I have a minimum of 8 open at any time, but usually more.

Caxe, isn't that the best, when Firefox remembers what you had open? Ahh, thank you.

I usually have about 5 tabs open.

I have all of my bookmarks in folders(Health & Beauty, Shopping, Forum, etc.) and filed alphabetically. It helps tremendously when Im trying to find something, makes my life MUCH easier!

I use firefox as well, most of the time I have 4 or 5 browser windows open and about 15 or more tabs in several of the windows. I like the idea of the saved sessions.
What's usually the maximum number of tabs that you have open?

Sometimes I just don't want to close out tabs, or type a new web address in an existing window, so I'll just add another tab. OR if a site opens up links in new tabs, like tPF does, I'll just leave them up...you know, just in case. I do bookmark sites as well, but I have about 400 bookmarks, so it's a pain to scroll through them all the time.

I just counted, though, and I have 29 tabs. And I like using Firefox because they'll save all your tabs from the previous session.

Is this too unusual?