THIS will upset you. Sorry but I have to share this vid...

Vlad Pradapsycho, it's too bad that you don't want to face reality. This is real. Sorry you think only certain points of view "need" to be posted.
Don't feed me that crap, IntlSet. I'm painfully aware of reality and have seen enough of PETA and animal cruelty that I don't REQUIRE a video tutorial on the topic.

My comment was in reference to posting that video. Not the topic itself. Next time, read what I say before you feel inclined to insult my intelligence.

This forum is filled to the brink with posts complaining about $2k bag getting slightly dirty, or a SA being less than attentive to someones needs. Yet when it comes to issues like suffering and the lack of compassion and consideration in our world, we aren't willing to look a REAL problem square in the eye and say "you know what, enough is enough, I'm going to do something about this."

This is first and foremost a purse forum. This and all the other sub-forums were added by Vlad and Megs as a side line.

There are specific forums on the Internet for those that wish to "do something". Or at least talk about doing something....

just my 2 cents, but the colonic thread was about a health topic, and the pictures were posted in a humorous manner and nowhere near as graphic as I'm sure the video was. If someone posted a video of humans being shot, everyone would be upset and the video would be removed. I think the same applies to animals.

just my 2 cents, but the colonic thread was about a health topic, and the pictures were posted in a humorous manner and nowhere near as graphic as I'm sure the video was. If someone posted a video of humans being shot, everyone would be upset and the video would be removed. I think the same applies to animals.

So...you didn't watch the video and yet you're making claims of how graphic it was? It wasn't of animals being shot, either.

I watched this about 6mos ago, and can't watch it a 2nd time... though I just can't stop it from playing in my head. Sadly, this is a much nicer way to die than what is suposed to be done here -- shooting to death.

ok sorry heartsnaspade, I guess I misunderstood what the OP was saying about shooting animals.

This is first and foremost a purse forum. This and all the other sub-forums were added by Vlad and Megs as a side line.

There are specific forums on the Internet for those that wish to "do something". Or at least talk about doing something....

Excellent insinuation that those of us who "talk" about "doing something" on PurseForum don't actually do anything.

I think the ladies in the Animalicious forum DID make a dent in the commissioner when I posted his phone number for the Michael Vick case. I think the ladies on the forum DO donate to the links Megs posted in General Discussion for December charities. I think a lot of girls who seek relationship advice DO get a lot of great feedback in the Relationships Forum. Just because we are in a forum about purses doesn't mean that, when possible, we can do a little good.

Don't feed me that crap, IntlSet. I'm painfully aware of reality and have seen enough of PETA and animal cruelty that I don't REQUIRE a video tutorial on the topic.

My comment was in reference to posting that video. Not the topic itself. Next time, read what I say before you feel inclined to insult my intelligence.

I'm glad YOU don't require a video about the topic. However, some people are not so thoroughly educated as you are. Wouldn't it be nice if they could be as insightful and informed as you are on the topic in animal cruelty?

I understand that this is a very sensitive topic.

Vlad and I do not allow many things to be posted anymore. The relationship sub forum has its own rules about what is over the top, the health forum does also, still no politics or religion discussion, and after all, this is a purse forum.

I know that the animal sub forum has many sensitive topics- I do know this. It is not that we are trying to say this link was not real, it is that on our forum, we do not think it belongs. I did not see it, but Vlad did, and he chose to delete it. It means that it was not what he wants on the forum, so I do not see an issue with that.

I appreciate any feedback- but I do think some people really are acting out of line. I understand this is sensitive, but I don't think it means we need to start virtually yelling at others about our views vs their views.

So yes, I think we made the right decision.

Because I adore this forum and have been enjoying my time here for well over a year, I will side with whatever decisions Megs and Vlad make. It is being run professionally and they do a fabulous job. I trust that the decisions they make are made in everyone's best interest. They don't have an easy job here and I commend them for what they do.