This totally just turned me off......so mad

Status
Not open for further replies.
and to top it off he told me he had never seen the blue reversible tote insinuating that it was a fake..... and one of the other sa's (whos not a manager but has been there longer) looked at him and said "thats because you haven't been here long enought"
she was trying to help me but i guess senority rules..... ugh!

:wtf:

I am really sorry that this happened to you.

This is the exactly the reason why I am always the big meanie around here when it comes to people wanting to return bags to the boutique that have 1) been worn "once or twice" and they decided afterward they didn't like them; 2) been purchased at a department store, not at Coach; and/or 3) were purchased on eBay. As more and more people abuse Coach's liberal return policy, more people with *legitimate returns* will be turned away. I think Coach is getting sick of people taking advantage of them and unfortunately, honest people like you, Candace, are paying for it.

As everyone else has said, you can always try a different store. Again, I am really sorry for what happened. :flowers:

That is inexcusable, especially if you have a prior relationship with the store. I've never returned without a receipt, but no one has ever looked at an item I was returning twice. They scan the tag and the receipt and it is done. I would definitely seek out another store and contact customer service. I hope you got the employee's name so can report who was responsible for this.

I am really sorry that this happened to you.

This is the exactly the reason why I am always the big meanie around here when it comes to people wanting to return bags to the boutique that have 1) been worn "once or twice" and they decided afterward they didn't like them; 2) been purchased at a department store, not at Coach; and/or 3) were purchased on eBay. As more and more people abuse Coach's liberal return policy, more people with *legitimate returns* will be turned away. I think Coach is getting sick of people taking advantage of them and unfortunately, honest people like you, Candace, are paying for it.

As everyone else has said, you can always try a different store. Again, I am really sorry for what happened. :flowers:

:woohoo:

all the tags were on except..... the bleecker duffle, when I bought it, she had grabbed it from the back and I was in such a hurry I didn't even check it, it must have been a return from before, it didn't look used, but when I got it home, it didn't have a tag!! there was a tag inside of it for a scarf, which probably meant it was a floor model??? regardless, thats why I didn't use it

ughhhhh so mad!

Oh, my! I would have been mortified! This is just the reason why I am so scared to return, even when I have the receipt and they have never been used.

I got a Heritage small tote and mini skinny by calling CS before they were released. When they arrived, they were just too "bubble gum" for me. But, I dreaded returning them so much I almost just eBayed them anyway! Finally, my DD went with me.

Sorry this happened! How awful!!

How frustrating! I hope you can get a refund through another store or by talking to customer service!

This is totally OT, but cc1013, your dog is absolutely ADORABLE!! :smile:

Thanks! Buster is our little munchkin. 10 pounds of unconditional doggy love! He's my one obsession that beats Coach! :heart:

Candace - definitely call JAX or submit a comment via the website. I had a ordering/shipping issue and became completely frustrated with the store (and manager) so I contacted corporate. They just notified me that they sent an apology in the mail along with a $50 gift certificate. I haven't received it yet, but the fact that they acknowledged my concern was good. You are an incredibly loyal customer and should be treated that way! :woohoo:

Candace- don't you dare sell them on eBay and take a loss. I am assuming they still have the tags? I would go back insist they were unused, if the same manager refuses to help call corporate on your cell phone while you are there and describe how you are being treated. Tell them that if they feel like a floor model is too used to be returned it was likely too used to sell in the first place.

Is there another store in the area you can take it to?

Also, if you paid for the items with your CC can you have them demand a copy of the receipt from Coach?

I purchased a bag at my boutique which was the last one and the display model. The tag was already removed but was in the pocket. I later changed my mind and returned it with no problem. I have had a couple other returns over the last year or so and have never been questioned and all returns cheerfully processed. I would let Coach know of the service you received as it is unacceptable in retail these days.

I think I paid with a gift card??? But do you think If i call corporate and tell them, they could call the other store I plan on returning to and tell them to allow me to return it?? I don't want to go all the way to the other store just to be refused again....

Status
Not open for further replies.